Part 15: Phone Seggs

|{Niko Brown}|

|{Niko Brown}|

Niko grumbled and let out some explicits as he went over his books for the umpteenth time. He didn't have nearly enough money to purchase a building, much less a building of this magnitude.

After his landlord gave him an eviction notice saying he wanted to sell the property, Niko was left with no other choice but to try and purchase it. His business had started here from the grassroots. Whenever anyone thought about his tattoo parlor this building came to mind. He couldn't imagine moving anywhere else.

Plus the way he looked at it, this was probably a blessing in disguise. Because now he was thinking about buying a building, that was major. Not only would he expand his business, he would have a ton of empty spaces to rent out. Maybe he could finally convince his small minded brother to get out from under his boss and start his own gym.
If there was one thing he learned from the James family it was how to plant roots, if they didn't do nothing else they were going to invest in some real estate and some business.

But the question now was, how the fuck was he going to raise the money to pay for this shit? He had savings but he didn't have it like that, not the amount that was needed for this particular project.

"There's some random man here to see you, he doesn't have an appointment." Rusty said, standing in the doorway of Niko's office.

Niko, who was still sitting at his desk doing bookwork, looked up. "Did he give you his name"

"Nope."

"Well, this ain't a good time, but send him in."

Seconds later Harold's hippopotamus looking ass filled the doorway, grinning.

Now there was no way that scrawny white boy didn't know who this was, talmbout 'some random man'. Maybe all that pencil he been eating was now rotting his damn brain.

Niko winced visibly. First of all, what was so amusing for his uninvited guest to be grinning so hard? Second of all, what the fuck was he doing here? The last time Niko had any sort of encounter with the Bells was with that issue Ace had helped him fix.

"You the last creature I wanna see today." Niko complained.

Harold Bell ambled to the nearest chair, plumped down into it, and grinned some more. "Now, is that any way to greet your favorite ex-boss?"

Harold hadn't changed at all, Niko thought. His baritone voice still packed a punch to it, like he drank vodka for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Niko knew better, he'd never seen the man take a drink ever.

"So, what the fuck do you want? I gotta finish this and I ain't got all day."

Harold pulled on his beard. "I want you to come back."

Niko chuckled. This must be a joke. He thought to himself. "Not on your life."

"Not even for the largest payout you ever seen? We got a huge shipment coming in that could change all of our stories. And as a person who got a soft spot for you I'm trying let you in on this, you should be grateful."