ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ ✓

Start from the beginning

"Too bad cause I plan on sticking to my decision."
Emotionlessly, Imraan spoke before pointing at the file on the table.
"The last project that I worked on, all the details in here. I have organized all the papers so that you don't have trouble with it."

Refusing to take the file from his hand, Azeen spoke with a look of betrayal.
"You have been planning on leaving the company for a while, haven't you?"

At this Imraan didn't speak. Since the time he discovered the truth about his parents, which was almost a week ago, he has been planning on quitting the company. So after completing the project that he was working on, he finally decided to let the cat out of the bag at today's board meeting.

"Is this because of it?"
Indicating about the revelation of his past, Azeen asked.

"What if it is because of it?"
Imraan asked back, making Azeen look down as tears accumulated in her eyes. Tensions rose, and emotions began to surface.

"Can't you reconsider your decision?"
Azeen spoke this time softly trying desperately to change his mind.
"Please, Imraan."

"Goodbye!"
Without replying, Imraan simply spoke and as he was about to leave the cabin, Azeen stopped him by holding his hand.
"Don't go!"

"The company needs you."
With teary eyes, she begged.
"We need you. I need you."

Hearing her, Imraan smiled bitterly as Azeen released his hand with a confused frown.
"That's the thing, ze-Azeen. Everyone just seems to be needing or using me in one way or another, don't they?"

"Imraan, what are-"

"The company needs me so that it can flourish. Mr. Hakim Quraish needs me for the company so he uses me to gain profit for the company."
Cutting her off, he continued spatting the bitter truth.
"Ma-Mrs. Quraish used me to forget her miserable life. I was a mere tool of escape from her unlucky fate. She was never blessed with a child, so she took me in to fulfill her loneliness."

"It's not true, Imraan. Chachi always -"

Without giving her a chance to speak, he bitterly continued.
"That man..."
Indicating about Badar Quraish, je spoke,
"He used me to claim his shares in the company. And you..."
Looking at Azeen, he continued as tears ran like a river from her eyes.
"...you used me, my stupid feelings for you over and over again to achieve your goals."

The atmosphere became charged with negativity as both parties struggled to articulate their points while grappling with their own feelings of disappointment, fear, and uncertainty.

"Wanna know what the most ironic thing about all of this is?"
Imraan bitterly laughed as he spoke. It was a laughter born out of irony, tinged with a touch of self-deprecation.
"I might had no memory, but I was not stupid. I knew and even after knowing all of this, I let you all use me. Not once or twice but countless times I let you all use me."

"How miserable and foolish I was!"
His bitter laughter echoed through the room, filled with a mixture of sadness and resignation. It was the sound of shattered hopes and dreams, a release of pent-up emotions that have been brewing beneath the surface for far too long.

"But now I'm tired. Tired of getting used again and again."
Looking at her directly, he spoke seriously.
"Now I want to live. Live for myself, the way I always wanted to."

"Wasn't it the exact reason you ran from that house?"
Imraan added, making Azeen stare at him in agony.

Many times words that are exchanged in the heat of the moment are driven by frustration and a desire to make the other person understand their situation. Sometimes due to that some hurtful comments are thrown making their approach become confrontational and hurtful.