"Do you think you deserve it?"

"You went as far as to block me."

"That should tell you just how much I wanted to stay away from you. You were ready to ruin everything I was trying to build and now you show up here expecting me to act like nothing happened? No."

With his words followed by silence, Olivia wrapped her arm around his as she looked at Ms Hudson to speak. "Maybe you should b-"

"Shut up!" Ms Hudson said to Olivia. "This has nothing to do with you!"

"On top of everything else, you continue to disrespect Olivia," he said.

"It's because I came here to talk to you, not her. She should just stay out of our business. In fact, go to your room or something."

With a scoff, Olivia stepped back and turned around to leave but he held onto her wrist.

"Olivia's not going anywhere," he said, keeping his eyes on Ms Hudson.

"Babe, it's okay," Olivia sighed. "I'll be upstairs-"

"No, there's only one person leaving and it's definitely not you."

"Ugh!" Ms Hudson rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "I can't even speak to you in private now."

"You don't seem to realize the depth of all your actions. Let me spell it out for you." He stepped forward but could only say his next words while facing the floor. "You're dead to me."

"Like Martha?"

He shook his head with disbelief. "There you go again. My mother's still  alive."

"What?" Ms Hudson uncrossed her arms, her eyes narrowing as she tilted her head.

"She was misdiagnosed and that means I won't lose her. I still have her by my side."

"Now you speak so fondly of her."

"She's my mother."

"And me?"

"What do you think?"

With Ms Hudson taking a while to respond, since she understood the meaning behind his words, Olivia tried to leave once again but he held onto her tightly and she grunted.

"You really don't want me in your life?" Ms Hudson asked, shaking her head.

"I don't."

"Then why do you still carry my last name?"

He looked away, pressing his lips together a few times then sighed.

"I asked you a question. Why do you still carry my last name if I mean nothing to you?"

"Fine, I won't use it anymore."

Ms Hudson's eyes turned teary as she shook her head while pointing at him. "You've become so cold towards me."

"Maybe you didn't take me seriously the first time so I'll say it again. After everything you've done," he paused, his voice trembling as tears finally ran down his face, "you're dead to me."

When he turned around to walk away, he set Olivia free and she was the first to take a few steps away from the door, but before he could, Ms Hudson held onto his wrist with both hands.

"My son!" she said with a shaky voice.

Without looking back, he tilted his head to the side as he pressed his lips together and shut his eyes, more tears running down his cheeks. "Let go of me."

"No!" Ms Hudson said, holding onto him tighter as tears trickled down her cheeks. "Don't leave me like this!"

"What gives you the right to put me through so much pain, then come back here and act like it never happened?" he asked, still not facing her. "I never want to see you again."

"You can't possibly mean that." She frantically shook her head, her breathing loud and heavy as she desperately held onto him.

With his hand shaky, he balled it into a fist as he delivered his last words to her. "Why even bother to come here when you lost me a long time ago?"

"You...you mean it?" Her lips quivered.

With a force, he pulled his hand away and slipped away from her grip, the motion causing her to slam her arm against her body.

As she desperately called out to him, he walked up the stairs as fast as he could and rubbed his eyes.

"My son..." She trailed off, dropping to the floor and placing her hand on her chest as she burst into tears loudly with her head low.

Olivia, who had been watching it all from a corner, approached Ms Hudson with a concerned look. "Are you alri-"

"Shut up and mind your own business!" Ms Hudson yelled as she got up from the floor.

"I'm just trying to help."

"I didn't ask for your help! You're the reason I lost my son in the first place!"

Olivia scoffed, crossing her arms as she replied with her head high. "No, you lost him because of your own actions so don't blame me. How could you hurt him so much and expect him to j-"

"Oh shut up!" She got in Olivia's face. "Why am I even listening to you? I wish you had never come into our lives! Your father should've died before you got married to my son!"