Chapter 43 - Hope

Start from the beginning

As soon as the call ended, Ethan told Olivia about it and wrapped his arms around her, lifting her as she screamed with excitement.

Just then, Helena came running, frantically looking around, wondering what had happened, only to discover that they were celebrating and she sighed with relief.

When the food was ready, Ethan had the bowl, taking on the duty of feeding his mother and not once did he let anyone else take over.

~

Three months later, even with the right treatment, Martha's health improved slowly, but all those who were there for her were aware it would only get better.

Thanks to a successful partnership, Ethan attracted even more business partners, enabling him to grow.

From the time he had blocked Ms Hudson, he had never heard from her, not even through Pete and he preferred it that way. He had asked all those around him to never bring her up as he wished not to talk or even think about her.

Olivia's growing baby bump had brought about so much joy and whenever they were alone, Ethan would kiss and run his hands all over her belly, speaking to the little one inside.

"I'm waiting for you, my princess," he said while crouching down on the living room floor.

"Who said it's a girl?" Olivia chuckled.

"I did."

"It's a boy." Olivia sighed.

"Had we decided to find out once and for all, we wouldn't be talking about this, but it's okay." He wrapped his arms around her while standing behind and kissed her on the cheek. "I can't wait to rub it in your face that I was right."

"I'll be the one to do that." She pouted. "Just you wait."

As they playfully went back and forth, just as they usually did, the doorbell rang and their attention shifted.

With Angela at the supermarket, Olivia took a step towards the door so she could open it but he placed his hands on her shoulders to make her sit down and said he would do it instead.

As he approached the door, he looked back at Olivia a few times, smirking at her with a wink and she tucked her hair behind her ear as she looked away, making him chuckle.

As soon as he opened the door and faced that direction, he frowned, narrowing his eyes at Ms Hudson, who stood before him with dark circles around her eyes.

"My...my son."

The words that had just come out of her mouth made him scoff as he looked to the side.

"The nerve of you to call me that after all you did to me," he said, still not looking at her.

"We'll talk after I come in."

"No, what are you doing here?"

"I said we'll talk after I come in." She raised her voice.

"And I said no."

"Is that the way to treat me?"

"For someone like you, yes."

"Babe? what's going on?" Olivia asked as she approached the door and stood behind Ethan. "Oh, Ms Hudson."

Ms Hudson only rolled her eyes at Olivia, then continued to look at Ethan. "It's been three months now and I've heard nothing from you."

"What could we possibly talk about when I have nothing to say to you?"

"How could you say that? I'm your mother."

He scoffed.

"Am I not your mother?"