Chapter 17

****Hi! I'm trying to close the gap between the chapters since the story will be ending in less than ten chapters. I know, I know, it's very sad, but I want this story to end like I want it to and I'm sorry if you guys want it to be longer, but I really can't prolong it anymore. Picture above is Rogue with his cat Frosch, yes he is a green cat in a pink frog suit, why, don't ask me cuz I have no idea. Thank you all for everything! VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!!! Enjoy!****

******************************************************************************

Rin POV

I was woken by a single ray of light that escaped the shield of my blinds and landed on my lids. I forced them open and rolled to the side. I rubbed my neck and pulled away from the bed. These nights, my dreams are plagued with images of Ahri, Diamondglare, demons . . . and Rogue.

Rogue has been visiting my dreams more often that normal. Sometimes, all I hear is his voice, sometimes, I see his face, and other times, I see him dying. His words are etched is my brain and his voice in my ears.

I've heard stories about him during my time at the guild, half of Sabertooth's twin Dragon Slayers, his harness of Dragon force, his pure synchronization with Sting that make them so dangerous. but I don't see it in his eyes. when I first saw him, his eyes reminded me of mine, always looking for the next fight, but now, when I look in his eyes, all I see is worry, and it's worry for me.

I sighed and walked into the stone shower. I turned on the hot water and let it thoroughly soak my hair before running my fingers through the coal black strands. that's when I heard the voice.

"Rin."

I turned my head expecting to see someone, but I was still alone.

"Rin."

I turned around in a split second to see a vanishing shadow wisp out of the room and into the steam. I swear to god if someone was in here and teasing me, I will rip out their spines and choke than with it. I narrowed my eyes before stepping out of the water and opening the door. I looked at the mirror fogged with the steam and ran my hand over the condensed water, wiping it away and gasped.

"Rin."

I jumped 180 degrees and sighed, I could have sworn I saw Rogue in the mirror right behind me, calling my name.

I went back into the shower and slashed water on my face until I was alert and awake. I wrapped a towel around myself and dried my hair. I closed my eyes and requipted my clothes going with a corset top and shorts, along with boots.

I tossed my hair over my shoulder and walked over to where Night was curled on the edge of my bed. I stroked her ears and nudged her head.

"Night, wake up, come on," I said, scratching just blow her ears, she perked up and purred.

"I'm up, I'm up," she mumbled, yawning and flicking her tail.

She spread her wings and followed me out the door. I exited the building to the streets of magnolia which were surprisingly busy so early in the morning. I turned and made my way down the street and onto the path of the guild house.

I pushed open the door and was nearly hit the head by a flying beer mug. I stepped aside and it flew right by my head, narrowly missing Night. She scoffed.

"Of all the guilds, it had to be this one where the lunatics run wild," she scowled. I gave her a look and she dropped her head.

"Go, I see a certain Lily waiting for you," I cracked a small smile and motioned up with my eyes, she gasped and flew up to the roof where Lily waited with Happy and Carla.