26| His Confession

Start from the beginning

The car made a screeching sound before stoping, Amaya insisted Rudra on not taking the driver, hence it was Rudra driving and her enjoying the view from the passanger seat.

"Wait" He stopped her before she could get down. He placed his hand on her head and then her neck, checking her temperature.

"You feeling good? You know we can still go back home" He tried his luck one last time but all went in vain when he noticed her roll her eyes.

"Rudra, even my father and brother are in business and I know how important these parties are, so stop acting like a manchild" He rolled his eyes, he was being a manchild? From when caring for your wife was counted as childishness. Nonsense.

He climbed down of the car and opened her door, helping her climb down, like the gentleman he was.

He handed the car keys to the valet to park then car and entered the party with his wife. The insides of the venue were classy and media free.

"Would you like to sit somewhere?" He asked looking here and there, searching for a secluded area.

"No, let's meet the host first" Rudra nodded at her, mentally rolling his eyes, he was not being grumpy, his mood was not just.....good, yeah?

On their way to talking to everyone he knew professionally they stumbled upon a person, precisely a lady, about whom he knew nothing about, not even her name, but it seemed like she and Amaya were great friends, the way she straight out hugged his wife told a lot of things.

"Mr. Rajvansh, it's nice to meet you again" She cheerfully smiled at him while on the other side hr was just looking at her with a confused scowl. He then stared at his wife and then at the unknown lady, when did he meet her?

"Rudra, remember, she is Sunaina, Sunaina Mago, we met her in the restaurant" Rudra tried remembering and turned towards the, still, unknown lady and curtly nodded at her, not pressuring his brain more to remember someone whom he was never crossing paths with ever again.

Sunaina and Amaya fell into some conversation, well, Sunaina tried her best to get Rudra involved in the topics that interested her but he paid no heed. Though Amaya was aware of the glances she was throwing his way and trying to get his attention every now and then.

Now was the moment she was regretting dragging her husband to this party, they could have just stayed at home and cuddled....and shared a few kisses, not like she was jealous or something, she just did not want her husband to be grumpy.

Rudra noticed the host of the party and internally grinned, 'finally' he thought.

Rudra then shifted his gaze to the ladies, Sunaina, taking that as a que opened her mouth to say something but was sharply cut off by him.

"It was very nice meeting you Miss Suhasini, actually there's something urgent that needs our attention, please excuse us" He said and getting a nod from her side pulled his wife with him.

The moment they were out of Sunaina's sight, Amaya bursted into a fits of laughter, laughing hysterically.

"It's not Suhasini, her name is Sunaina" She managed to say in between her laughter.

Rudra rolled his eyes 'does it look like I care?' He was tempted to say that but decided against it.

"I'm just bad with names" He said walking beside her pouting a little bit.

"God knows, how many names you would have invented for me" He smiled at her words, Only if she knew, hers was the name he could not forget even after 4 years.

They talked to the host of the party, Vidyut Janeja and his wife Mahima Janeja. Then talking to a lot of business allies of Rudra they decided to sit in a secluded corner.