Chapter 11: Dreams

Zuko's POV

"Father?" "I've always known that you were weak Prince Zuko." "Where are we?!" I looked across the room. The crowd was full and I was standing on a stage facing my father. I was standing on a white stage, the stage where I was scarred for life. "You are destroying the Fire Nation, our once glorious nation is now falling apart because of your weakness and cowardice. You are being threatened and pushed around from a low earth commoner. What has happened to you? You are a disgrace to the Fire Nation Prince Zuko, you disgust me." "I am doing my best!" I shouted, "Well it's not good enough. I should have swept the world from your existence, clearly banishment was too merciful!" "I am not afraid, I am not afraid, I am not afraid." "I helped end the 100 year war, I saved millions of lives. I saved them from you father." "Yet you can't even save the people closest to you." "I...Yes I can, and I will." "Prove it." Fire Lord Ozai hauled across two people. I looked closer and I saw my little sister Kiyi and my mother tied up. "Save them Prince Zuko!" He sneered, bringing up the flames to their faces. "No! Don't! Please don't hurt them!" "Zuko?" "Suffering will be your teacher." "No!" I screamed blasting fire from my fists towards my father. But I'm too weak, he easily threw me off balance chunking me across the room. "Weak, you've always been weak. How can you protect your nation when you can't even protect your family." "Zuzu I'm scared!" Kiyi cried out. "Please don't do this. I mean no disrespect, please. Their family, please." I begged. "They don't deserve to be in my world. You don't deserve to be in my world."  "NO! No!" I cried. The flames engulfed their bodies and they were nowhere to be seen. "Zuko-" "You can't save them." Tears poured down my face, my family is gone. The stage then swallowed me whole. I started falling. I'm falling, and falling and falling. Until I fell into an endless black void. "You disgust me Prince Zuko, dating a filthy male Watertribe peasant. How could you be more of a disappointment."  "I love him!" I screamed, "I know." An evil grin appeared as he walked in front of me and I saw him and Sokka. He had Sokka tied up in chains, the chains were almost identical to the ones my assassins used. Ozai is now holding huge fire whips. He hit Sokka hard and Sokka cried out in pain. "STOP!" I yelled. I tried attacking but my body just collapsed and I couldn't bend. He whipped Sokka more and Sokka began crying. "SOKKA! SOKKA!" I cried, "Zuko what's wrong?!" I could no longer feel my body, I began shaking. "Please stop, please stop! I love him. No! Stop! STOP!" I screamed. Ozai began laughing like a maniac. "Zuko help me please," Sokka begged. I ran over to him, but Ozai shoved me out of the way. The black void consumed my body and I couldn't move. I could only see Sokka within the darkness. Ozai brings up the whips back. "NO! Hurt me instead please! Don't hurt him, I love him stop! STOP!" "Zuko wake up!" Whip after whip, cry after cry. "NO, NO, NO! Hurt me instead please. STOP!" I started sobbing hysterically. "Zuko, wake up! WAKE UP!" "Please stop, please." I begged. Sokka looked horrible. His head sagged down and the marks on his back dripped down dark red. "Maybe he'd like a scar to match yours." "NO!" I break free from the dark hold and regain my bending, blasting so much fire from my fists. But it doesn't matter, I am too late. I looked down in my arms and saw Sokka's limp body. "Zuko wake up! Please," "Sokka talk to me! SOKKA!" He isn't replying. "No, nononononono, NO!" I'm shaking and screaming and crying. "Oh Sokka, I'm so, so sorry." Sokka's limp body doesn't reply. I squeezed him tightly, placing my forehead on his chest. "I love you, please don't leave me Sokka." "Zuko wake up, I'm right here. I will not leave you, I will never leave you. I'm right here," An angelic beautiful voice rang in my ears, Sokka? The black void becomes lighter and lighter. I began swimming towards the light. The darkness becomes bluer and bluer. The same shade as Sokka's eyes. I then reached the surface and saw Sokka staring down at me.

Sokka's POV

I sat inches away from Zuko. His screams during his nightmare were torturing me. I felt so helpless as I tried to wake him up. "Zuko I-" Before I could finish speaking Zuko pulled me into his chest and embraced me. He placed a long wet kiss on my forehead and I could feel his tears rolling down. "I'm so sorry Sokka, I am so sorry about everything. I love you, please forgive me. I didn't mean what I said, I love and value you so much." He whispered. "I know, I love you too Zuko." I hugged him tighter before pulling back. I cupped his face on his scar side allowing myself to melt into his golden eyes. "You're not mad?" He asked timidly, "Not anymore." I gave him a weak smile rubbing my thumb back and forth. "What was your nightmare about?" I asked. Zuko hesitated and bit his lip, but a few seconds later he replied, "It was mostly about you." Me?  Zuko told me and my heart stopped. My hatred towards Zuko's dad grew thousands of times bigger. I didn't even know that was possible until this moment.  "Well you're safe now. He cannot hurt you or anyone else ever again. We are both safe, we're safe." I reassured him. Zuko nodded. "You deserve so much better Zuko." "So do you Sokka, I'm so sorry." With that I moved in closer and kissed him. Zuko's touch was so smooth and ecstatic. My hand traveled down his face, trailing my fingers along his muscles. His lips were warm and soft, and his tongue tasted so sweet. Zuko then threw his arms around me, hugging me. He buried his face in my upper shoulder and silently cried holding onto me more firmly. I placed my fingers in his hair, slowly massaging it. "Shush, I got you, we are going to be alright." I whispered, rocking him slightly. He didn't reply, just compressed all the space between us. We stayed like that for a while until Zuko pulled away. "Thank you Sokka," I smiled and took his hands into mine. "Anytime." I yawned and could see the light peeking through the widows. I looked at Zuko and saw the dark circle beneath Zuko's right eye. "Come now, let's sleep. I'm exhausted." I exclaimed. "But what about Ba Sing Se?" "We'll go once we wake up, just sleep please." Zuko sighed and I shot him a small smile before snuggling up close against him. We wrapped our arms around each other and I never felt better. "Love you," I said tiredly. "Love you too." We then fell asleep in the safety of each other and dozed off peacefully.