Bonus Chapter 28: The Seating of Fate

Start from the beginning

"I'm not complaining; I like hearing about how I won again and again. It does things for my ego." He spoke playfully, making Raven laugh as she walked over towards Mason, nudging him with an elbow.

"Yeah and you just happened to miss his 2 hour complaining session about how he had cramps from football practice so he wasn't at his best form." She teased and Mason grinned at her words, clicking his tongue in disappointment.

"Wow, now I'm upset that we missed out huh, Justin?" He joked, putting an arm around Justin who turned his gaze away from Raven to Mason, eyes a dead grey.

"Great, you can be upset enough for the two of us." He said bluntly, making Aaron laugh and Danny pouted, opening his mouth to speak. He would have been heard had the ring of the bell not alerted them for first period and Raven huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Kill me now. Come on, Danny." She spoke monotonously, waving goodbye to Mason as she yanked Danny by his arm.

"And I was also sick which weakened my muscles!" Danny called out as he was pulled and Avalon giggled, waving her hand in goodbye.

"See you both at lunch!" She called out before turning to Aaron with a pout.

"I guess this means goodbye for us too." She said in a sad tone and he put his arms around her waist, his lips quirking up.

"So, what I'm hearing is you're gonna miss me?" He asked suggestively, making her blush and she tiptoed for a quick second to give him a quick kiss, making his smile widen.

"You better miss me more." She said coyly before withdrawing from him, making Aaron make a noise of disapproval. It only made her smile as she moved towards Justin.

"I guess I better get to lesson. Walk to second period together?" She asked hopefully and he nodded, a small smile on his face.

"Of course." Was all he said and then they bid goodbyes, just as Justin walked towards Aaron and Mason as they made their way to class together, Avalon, on the other hand, walked the opposite way to her class, letting out an internal groan at the idea of maths right in the morning. Having just been with Aaron and Justin, she had been happy, but school always found a way to strip her of her happiness, it seemed.

"Hey, Avalon!" 

She turned with a smile just as Vanessa tumbled into her with a tight hug and she returned the embrace before withdrawing. Maths was irksome, yes, but her classmate always had a way of keeping it interesting with the new round of gossip. Vanessa wasn't part of the popular group with Aaron and Justin; she was more someone who flitted between groups, gathering intel and sharing it with anyone who had ears. Both her and Avalon got on very well.

"Every time I see you with Aaron, I get so jelly! How is it to be able to cling to such a hot man?!" Vanessa pouted out, but it didn't offend Avalon nor ignite her possessive side. Yes, she was a highly territorial girl, but something about the idea of having something or someone that other people wanted was something that she was very very fond of. It was as though it increased her own value; as though eyes and attention were also on her and she loved it. It didn't hurt that she was crazy about Aaron and he pampered her like no one else had before. She could only shrug bashfully.

"I don't know about that; it's just nice to be in his presence." She muttered coyly and Vanessa huffed loudly as they waded to the classroom together.

"And Justin too as well! That man is as sexy as he is scary! How did you get the hottest boys in Redwood High to be crazy about you?" She spoke again, fanning herself as though just their mere names was making her sweat. Avalon couldn't help but agree to that: both Justin and Aaron were very good-looking men, indeed! And, they both doted on her and her only.