Chapter 9: Luke Is A...Fangirl?

{Ajax POV}

We were all packed up and ready to board our cruise ship. We were standing on the Long Island harbor. The demigods did not know they weren't coming along.

"Hey!" Piper called, frustrated. "What about us? How are we going to get to Rome?!" I laughed as our ship left the dock.

"That's for you to figure out, sweetie!" I yelled, and laughed as we lost sight of them.

~~~~~~~~~~LINEBREAK~~~~~~~

As we took off, I noticed two figures along with the demigods. The brats. They brought their stuff with them, and let me say, it was a lot. They aren't going on a freaking vacation. Gosh.

I specifically told them not to come with us. Brats.

I was pondering about Armin's base when loud shouting interrupted my thoughts. It turns out the shouting was coming from Scar.

"SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!" He practically screamed. I noticed he wasn't wearing his usual armor and cloak. He was wearing a khaki jacket with..what is that.. a crest? Oh, now I remember. They were the Wings of Freedom.

"LUKE!" I shouted. "STOP SINGING THE ATTACK ON TITAN THEME SONG!"

"NO!" He yelled back, before continuing.

"WHY NOT?!"

"BECAUSE!"

"BECAUSE WHAT?!"

"I NEED TO UNLEASH MY INNER FANGIRL!"

"JUST SHUT UP!!"

Ugh, he's giving me a headache. That's what I get for being friends with a hardcore otaku..

~~~~~~~~~LINEBREAK~~~~~~~~

We were already in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, when Delta came up to me. "Ajax!" She called to me, desperately. "We have a sea monster near the stern of the ship! Everyone's already there, just hurry!"

By the time I arrived, Scar and Flare were trying to harm the monster. Oh, no... I thought. It's the giant shrimp from so many years ago.. It brought back memories, on the Argo II, when I was still Percy Jackson It hurt to think of that. I am not Percy Jackson, nor am I a demigod now.

The giant shrimp was easy to defeat. We just threw Greek Fire at it and we had a roasted shrimp. Yay.

The shrimp had collapsed back into the ocean, and everyone muttered words of victory. Out in the distance, with my enhanced eyes, I could see the ship that the demigods were taking. It was a dingy ship, and the ship was about...85 miles away? Yeah. It sucks for them. They're heading in the wrong direction.

~~time skip~~

We had just come from dinner and were heading to our cabins. I had gotten into bed when my mind suddenly had a whirlwind of emotions. Most of them were flashbacks.

I was 14 and happily bouncing around. That night had been a karaoke night and I had gotten picked. I went up there with my friends. Luke, Thalia, Nico... Cheering me on. I had randomly selected a song and had gotten This Is Gospel by Panic! at the Disco. The song started with a heartbeat, and I sang softly:

This is gospel,
For the fallen ones,
Locked away in permanent slumber,
Assembling, their philosophies,
From pieces of broken memories...
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
(This is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh....

I could tell the crowd was loving it. My friends were screaming their heads off. Younger demigods watched in awe.

Don't try to sleep through the end of the world, and bury me alive, 'cause I won't give up without a fight...

IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME GOOOOOOO!

I had exclaimed the words out.

IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME GOOOOOO!
'CAUSE THESE WORDS ARE KNIVES THAT OFTEN LEAVE SCARS, THE FEAR OF FALLING APART.. AND TRUTH BE TOLD I NEVER WAS YOURS, THE FEAR, THE FEAR OF FALLING APART....

Pretty soon, the song was over, and I smiled. Ok, I admit: I was a little off key. No, I was REALLY off key. But hey, you only live once. I bowed and headed off the stage.

~~~~~~~~~LINEBREAK~~~~~~~~

I had smiled at that thought. I was such a good singer. But I thought about the lyrics...

"These words are knives that often leave scars, the fear of falling apart."

I thought about how much it applied to me right now. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me... Blah blah blah. Words can hurt. Just throw a dictionary in someone's face.

I tried to drift off to sleep, but the lyrics kept swirling around in my head. They meant something, but I couldn't just figure out what. I finally closed my eyes, and drifted off to the realm of Morpheus.