Chapter 7: Some Explanations

"Oh...joy." I said, as I stood frozen. I snuck a glance behind me. My team was also still trying to figure out what just happened. Bianca was hugging Nico, Luke was staring Hermes down, who looked thrilled to see him alive. Thalia approached me, and tried to punch me. Key word: tried.

I easily blocked the punch, and looked her in the eye. I'm going to have to get used to not having my hood up all the time.

"You bastard!" She said, glaring at me. "You said you were dead!" I didn't respond.

I snuck a glance behind her. It's the face I never wanted to see again: my "father", Poseidon. Thalia noticed my glance, though it was more of a glare, and stepped aside. Poseidon approached me.

"Son..." He said, surprise in his eyes. "You're alive..." I looked at him. He disowned me, and now he has the nerve to call me his..son?

"I am not your son anymore," I said, coldly. "You weren't there when I needed you, and you even disowned me. You are just a mere being to me." He looked taken aback, and walked away to talk to Artemis about something. Artemis nodded, and glanced at me. What is she saying now?

Nico approached me. "Perce!" He exclaimed, apparently happy to see me. "How ya doing?!"

I sighed. "I am not Percy Jackson anymore." I said, firmly. "That was me in the past. I am now Ajax, leader of the Elite Warriors." He looked shocked.

"But.... Percy..." He said, sadness laced in his voice. "What happened to you?" I looked at his appearance. Messy hair, dark circles under his eyes.

"I changed," I retorted. "Ever since you guys betrayed me, I've spent my days taking out my anger on enemies. You want to know the reason I never bothered to come back? It's because of this," I pulled down the collar of my shirt so my collarbone was revealed. On it was a burnt tattoo of a trident with an omega over it. The skin where the brand was placed was black. There was a collective gasp, and the gods looked horrified.

"This is a reminder of what you've done to me. Every time I look at it, it just reminds me of the pain I've been through. And it's all because of you."

I couldn't bear to be in front of their faces when they recovered from their shock, so I walked away.

__________________________________
Ok! This chapter is crappy as well. I just got home from school, and my language arts teacher yelled at my class because our writing wasn't good enough, and we don't spend time on our writing, so our essay is due on Tuesday. I'm only half done. She claims "we don't do enough writing". Little does she know that I write on here...~DINOCORN