CHAPTER THIRTEEN: MEETING DESLGORD

After then, the team heard nothing from Max for days and they drew closer to the end of their highschool life. Which was one of the cherished moments teens loved to have.

For Jenny it was nothing different from her other activities, she said: why bother dressing up nicely for the 'Big Ball Prom' when we've still got a lot to face ahead, weren't even sure will given get to college.

Luna and Cata tried to explain to her on different occasions what the purpose of the 'Big Ball Prom' was all about, but all fell on blocked ears.

"Am telling you, trust me, you'll be fine with make-up" Cata faltered. She was trying to convince Jenny on going to the prom  party, coming up in two months time.

Jenny face-palmed herself and said "Why? Why? Why? Why do I have to explain to you. Am not attending, it's that easy. Besides it's not compulsory!"

Luna looked at her hopelessly "well.... Even Wednesday's coming"

"Well... For all I know Wesneday is a maniac " she paused to take a deep breath "she could be planning something crazy and don't compare me to her"

"Ughhhhh"Luna raised her hands up in defeat and headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
But, Catalina was relentless, she was determined to get Jenny.

"Why don't you wanna go?" She questioned "It's gonna be fun, trust me and maybe you pair up with someone to contest for Prom King and Queen"

Jenny scoffed at what Catalina said "OMG... You expect me" she said pointing at herself "to contest for prom queen? Come on what to you take me for? A fool?"

"The thing is that everyone's gonna be there" Catalina tried to convince. Luna continued to watch and sip the water.

"So if I go what do you want me to do? Dance like a crazy scallywag or get drunk like a fish? Which?" Jenny shrugged, she stood up and joined Luna in the kitchen, and took an apple to eat.
Catalina followed determined to convince Jenny at all costs.

"Girlfriend, you've got issues! What is the big deal? Go there have some fun, make new friends, socialize. What's the big deal?" Catalina inquired

Jenny looked at her for a very long time, that felt like hours, changing glances with Luna, she finally said "Fine! I'll go to the party? Happy?"

"Yesss!!" Catalina and Luna shrilled with happiness and gave each other a high five.

"Girls, I think we've gotta go shopping!" Cata announced

"Why?" Jenny asked, her eyebrows curved.

"Because we've got a Prom party to go to...Duh! And most importantly we've gotta look our best"

"Like the Kardashians?" Luna asked in happiness

"Like the Kardashians?" Jenny repeated with a faint smirk

"Like the Kardashians," Cata nodded "and don't worry, the bill's on me, and our make up's gonna look divine, because I'll be calling mum's make-up artist to get our make-up done"

"Naha, Naha, Nah.... No make-up artists if you want me to come" Jenny asked in all seriousness

Catalina exhaled... Reluctantly..."fine, but I'll do our make-up? "

"Fine" Jenny continued "but isn't it too early?"

"Nah... We going shopping on Sunday, right?" Luna asked

"Right" Catalina affirmed

"So.. Who wants cake and some fruit juice?" Jenny asked. Luna and Catalina raised hands.