Chapter 3: The Headquarters

Start from the beginning

Valorant Headquarters

The sound of nimble fingers dancing across the keyboard echoed in Cypher's room. Having successfully breached Kingdom's fortified database, Cypher has unlocked a treasure trove of classified information. As he delved into the depths of the encrypted files, a mix of intrigue and anxiety filled the air. The screen before him came alive with a mosaic of surveillance footage, revealing a chilling truth. "The Radiant Hunter... a creation born from the crucible of experimentation," Cypher whispered in both fascination and concern. His eyes scanned the footage, dissecting every frame for clues and revelations. Questions swirled within his sharp mind, echoing through the depths of his thoughts. "Where did these experiments take place? And why is Kingdom harboring these secrets?" he mused, determined to unravel the truth buried within the database. He kept browsing through all the recorded events, and finally stumbled across one particular footage. He pressed a button, and the footage began to play.

"Take deep breaths, Fred. We'll be finished in no time."

"I know. I'm just nervous. I've volunteered for experiments before, but this one has me particularly anxious."

"Yeah... I can tell. Your hands feel really cold."

"But your touch is warming them up."

":)"

"Sabine, are we still on for that date? I found a great Italian restaurant-"

"Shh... let's save that conversation for later, okay? We'll have countless dates in the future."

"That's reassuring :)"

.

"Doctor Callas, we're ready whenever you are."

"Understood. I'll initiate the device now."

.

.

"Subject's vitals are stable, initiating injection."

"Argh..."

"Reporting a significant shift in the subject's vitals."

"Injection in process, waiting for vitals to stabilize."

"SABINE!!! IT HURTS!!!"

"Frederick, hold on! Professor Cheung, halt the device immediately!"

"I'm trying, I'm trying! It won't respond! Specialist l/n, try killing the power!"

"I've cut off the power! How's Doctor Wallace?"

"Not good! We can't control the Radianite concentration in the machine! His vitals are deteriorating rapidly!"

"AAAARRRGHH!"

"FRED!!!"

"Abort! Abort immediately!"

"I-I can't! The machine is not responding!"

"Radianite energy is surging beyond containment! It's getting out of control! Evacuate everyone!"

"Doctor Callas, that machine is going to explode!"

.

Knock Knock Knock

Cypher panicked as he heard a knock on the door. With a sense of urgency, he quickly closed the footage player and ceased access to the database. After double-checking that nothing seemed suspicious on his device, he responded to the knock, "Come in!".  The door then opened, revealing a man with a shadowy figure with a sinister presence. His body was covered in a black, form-fitting suit, which concealed most of his features. A hood obscured his face, leaving only glowing, ethereal eyes resembling claw marks visible.