𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Mulai dari awal

(...)

When Alistair, Scott and Stiles arrived at the clinic, they saw the Sheriff alongside David and a deputy.

"How did you know?", was Scott's question.

"Alistair called before you left the school. I'm sorry, Deaton's car is still parked, and the back door was open." Hearing the sheriff's words only aggravated Scott's state, the boy only could take mouthful breathes while stumbling to a chair.

(...)

Fifteen minutes later, after Scott answered the police's questions, Alistair saw him, alongside Stiles and the sheriff talking, he approached his father.

"What do you have?", was his first comment upon reaching him, a little away from the others.

"One dead doctor and two missing. But the one, we found dead, wasn't strangled." David's voice was low, preventing the other from hearing.

"Danny was poisoned with mistletoe, but he doesn't fit any relevant category for a sacrifice." Alistair was thinking out loud. David's brows frowned.

"Maybe they are related differently, or maybe they were just pieces to take off the board, for the next move". David looked forward and sighed, putting a hand on his son's shoulder, he said, "I'll see you at home tonight." And he left. Pensive, Alistair saw Scott and Stiles walk inside the clinic and decided to follow.

Entering, he heard Scott trying to convince Stiles to reveal the supernatural to his father. Stiles, worrying about his father's safety, was obviously in disagreement. He reached them, lastly hearing Stiles' voice.

"And what if telling him gets him killed? I understand that Deaton is like a father to you, but this-" he gestured around them with his hand, by each word, his voice was getting more struggled, "-Scott, he is my real father, I just can't," he concluded, looking down. Reaching his side, Alistair putted a comforting hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. "I can't lose both my parents."

"You're right," was Scott's breathless response.

They both looked up to Alistair for some kind of guidance or maybe asking his opinion on the matter.

After thinking for a moment, Alistair said, "our job as Keepers is to prevent as many people as we can, from entering this world, to even acknowledge it. And you are right Stiles, this world, it leaves a permanent mark on you, entering it exposes us, I can't tell you what to do, he is your father, but I don't know." He thought for a moment before adding, "I can ask my father for his advice, he's usually the one who decides who can enter this world, but just remember, bringing him into this, even if it's helpful, will make him a target." He squeezed one last time Stiles' shoulder in a silent way of showing his support and left them to their one-to-one conversation.

What he didn't expect while walking out the door, was to see Miss Morrell with the police, claiming Deaton was her brother. He stood on the door with an inquisitive brow rise when Stiles and Scott walked and stayed with him.

After the police left, she walked up to them, as always, looking at them as if they had shitted on her coffee or something. "Listen here, the three of you. No specialized police investigator will find my brother." Her condescending voice held such ice to it, as if they were the most disgusting thing she's ever talked to.

Unimpressed with her natural hostility, her harsh tone, or her general bitchy self, Alistair only scoffed and said, "no shit Sherlock, we were planning on using Find my iPhone to find him." With the tense eye contact between them, Alistair only kept a brow raised, questioning her to say anything.