𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"I'd start saying that I didn't make any appointment, but you clearly arranged this."

She looked at him with her lips very closed, clearly making the effort to keep them tightly closed, almost as if she was refraining herself from directly insulting him. Instead, she just putted her hands on her desk and said, "I think it is time you and I had a little chat." She raised her brow, signaling with her head to the chair in front of her.

Alistair decided to take the seat, looking at her with the same hard glare she was giving. He decided to not start, to wait for her to make the first movement. He didn't know what game she was playing, but he was sure she would reveal it in time. And he wasn't wrong, in fact, it came sooner than he assumed.

She reclined a little, trying to look superior and intimidating, but, when you had come face to face with monsters that carry death with them in your face, a pretty face with a bitchy expression doesn't do anything to you. He could only tilt his head, clearly unimpressed by her. "What were you doing that night in the bank?", her words held ice to them, and something else that rubbed Alistair in the wrong way, condescension, assuming he was inferior to her.

He only raised his brow, even more, reclining on the desk, getting almost on her face, and softly said, "why don't you tell me what a simple counselor was doing there? Unless, of course, you are no simple counselor", he couldn't help the smug smirk that appeared on his face when her face twisted, showing her disdain and disgust.

"You see, Miss Morrell, you're not the only one keeping a facade here, and clearly not the best one to hide it either." He laughed to himself, standing up, "I'm just gonna be very clear with this, and you better remember it. Whatever you decide to do and whoever you decide to assist- ", he reached the door and grabbed the handle, without even giving her a final glance, gathering the coldest tone he could master, he just finished, as a matter of fact, " -just know that The Keepers hear of everything, and no one is out of reach to them", and he left the room.

(...)

When he entered the loft, he saw Boyd with a hose, filling the floor with water, Isaac standing far away closer to Derek. He inclined his head to the side before addressing the alpha, "I thought you said there was going to be a fight, not a pool day?"

Everyone looked at him, when Derek smiled and talked, "John. I thought your experience as a Keeper could help us with this.", he gestured with his hands to Boyd.

After thinking for a moment, and seeing the electric cables on the side, John sighed and said, "let me guess. You attract them here, into the water, and then, pull on the electricity to fry them?" Everyone knew it was a rhetorical question, so they just waited for his input.

"Sorry, but your plan sucks ass. It can go wrong in many ways. For one, everyone touching the water will get electrified; now, what happens if they cut the power? Not to mention, there is no weakening step, you can't just let a bunch of alphas come into your house at their full and expect in the universe's favor to just win."

Everyone was looking at him as if he had grown a second head. Of course, they hadn't thought of anything, just great. "Can you stop the freaking water!?", John's exasperated voice, made Boyd stumble and obey. Making in his mind a new plan, he only murmured lowly towards Derek, without looking at him, "you're lucky I like you." Isaac and Boyd looked from John to Derek before seeing Derek's smile, opening their eyes in realization, neither made any kind of comment, only following John's orders and paying attention to his instructions.

The plan was simple, he would hide himself with ammonia upstairs. They would let the water on the floor as a distraction, letting the alphas think they know their plan. Everyone would have a dart with wolfsbane to inject their attacker to weaken them. And finally, Alistair would be near, hidden and come to finish it all. They all hoped that was enough to keep everyone alive.