Chapter 7

For the next few days, I continued talking to Alfie and it was nice to know that there was someone who cared how your day went or how hungry you were late at night. We could discuss the most random thing in the world and then be serious again. I was on my way to meet him in the coffee shop, when I saw Liza.

"Hey stranger, where are you going?" She smiled at me and hugged me.

"Well I'm going to the coffee shop to see my new BOYFRIEND." She squealed and jumped up and down. I looked at her and shook my head.

"That boy really messed up your head. Are you sure you're not drunk or something?" I said with a hint of sarcasm. I hoped she could go back to normal anytime soon.

"No, silly, I just like him very much, you know, where are you headed anyway?" She finally started walking normally and I let a sight.

This is going to be a long day.

"To the coffee shop as well. I'm meeting someone there. And before you start fangirling again, no we aren't dating!" I said dead serious but I knew it was too late to prevent what was going to happen. Or more precisely Liza acting as a match maker on me and Alfie, so we could go on double dates.

I was a little scared of the New Liza; she was all dreamy and smiling all the time, ever since she met this guy. I hadn't even seen him yet because I never showed any interest and she didn't insist either. But now, it was a whole new situation, and it was deep shit. Liza mentioned once or twice that the guy's brother wasn't here so they couldn't go on double date. It was more of a hint to me, to find someone and go out with them.

When we got the coffee shop and I suddenly got nervous, I wanted to see Alfie but not under this circumstances where Liza would say that this was a double date and make everything awkward. I looked around and I felt my heart pick up a fast pace. I was about to pass out when I saw Alfie talking to Jack, my asshole neighbour.

How did they know each other and what is Jack even doing here? I was about to say something to Alfie but then looked at Jack. The next thing I saw and heard might have caused me brain damage because I couldn't understand if what I was true or not.

Liza was hugging and kissing Jack, calling him "baby". So I assume he was her boyfriend. Someone's hand on my shoulder brought me back to reality and when I turned to see who it was, I saw Alfie's concerned look.

"Hey Natalie, are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost." He laughed nervously, taking his hand of my shoulder and scratching the back of his neck.

"Um, yeah, I mean no. It's just that my friend never told me this is her boyfriend. Apparently you know him too, since you were talking to him." I said matter-of-factly with a blank expression, still brain dead from what I just saw.

"Oh Jack, yeah he's my mate from a long time, actually this is why I'm here but I never got the chance to tell you that." Alfie looked at Jack then back to me and stayed silent for a minute.

When I didn't say anything, he just sighed.

"Do you want to order? Looks like those two spaced us out. "He pointed to the happy couple and laughed lightly.

I glanced once more, but my heart tightened and I quickly looked away.

"I...yeah let's go, we can order and pick a table." I smiled brightly at him and I hoped that he didn't notice my pained look when I saw Jack happy with Liza.

What's wrong with me? I shouldn't even care about what he did.

"...White Chocolate Mocha, please" I heard Alfie say and then looked at me.