Imagine (21) Reverse comfort nightmare :)

"Y/n? Y/n, please wake up.. please, y/n.." you were awoken by gentle shaking and a soft vulnerable and raw voice. "Princess it's me," he said when you turned over. His face was pale as a sheet and you could see sweat coating his forehead. You patted his hair, only to find it soaked in sweat. His eyes were full of fear and desperation, and his pupils were dilated to the point where his irises were almost full black, with only a circle if colour on the outside. He was drop dead afraid. Seeing his panicked state, you asked worriedly, "Hey are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost.." he sat up and buried his head in his hands. Looking over, you found his pillow a darker colour, suggesting he had been either sweating profusely, or crying. His breathing seemed heavier, and even laboured as he drew in breath after breath, trying to calm himself down. "Sorry, I-" he was cut off by a violent shiver that made your heart contract. He tucked his knees into his chest, making him look like a little child, so small and vulnerable, only craving for safety and comfort. Never ever had you seen your outgoing and rebellious boyfriend break down in a panic attack like this before. It was new, and you didn't know what to do. He shuddered and huffed out a shaky breath, as if on the verge of crying. On instinct, you dragged him back under the covers and tucked his head under your chin, and running your hand down his back. The moment his head met your chest, he started sobbing violently. Sobs shook his whole body as he gasped for breath in between cries. Seeing him in this fearful state, you couldn't help but feel a fierce protectiveness wash over you. "What hurt you? Was it nightmares? Was it something? Someone?" you asked, stroking his head as he cried violently into your chest. "N.. N... Nightmares.. " he stuttered out between sobs, breathing in short breaths and sniffling.
"Do you.. Want to talk about it? " you asked after his sobs had calmed down into just sniffles. He shook his head violently. "Reliving it is..is not what..what I want to..to do right now," he said and your heart tightened considerably. He was like a child all over again, holding on tight to you as he sniffled. He cuddled in closer to you as you whispered comforting words to him. "I..I lost you," he said after a while. Oh. He must be talking about the dream, you realised. "I'm here," you whispered as you placed a kiss on his head. "I'm here. Right in your arms. There's nothing to be afraid of, alright?" You honestly never seen this side of your delinquent boyfriend, and it was as if it was a whole other person cuddled up to you. "Just try to fall asleep, okay?" You encouraged softly. He nodded in your chest as you stroked his hair gently, pressing a kiss on the top of his head, not caring if it was sweaty. "I don't want to lost you," he said, his voice filled with fear and pain. "I can't live without you here to cuddle me, or kiss me," he confessed. He looked up at you, and a fresh set of tears sprung to his eyes. You wanted to cry seeing him in this weak state. You hush him and pulled him tighter to your body, while he starts a new round of crying. He never cried, and you knew the reason why. Him crying felt so vulnerable, so raw, like he needed so much love. To you, he deserved all the love in the world. Violent sobs shook his body one after another as he cried in your chest, repeating the phrase, " I don't want to lose you." You tilted his head up to face yours, and tears streamed down his angular faces regardless. "I'm here. Don't cry," you whisper softly, lovingly. He sniffled as you patted his head gently to calm him down.
        "I love you, okay? I'll love you in my next life, and the next life. I'll never stop loving you. As long I live, I'll love you," you tell him.