𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

꧁✯꧂

𝐉𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐄𝐓 to explain all the things that he did at Hardhome, as Olly came in with news.

My brother followed the little boy and told me to remain in his office until he's dond so he can keep telling me his' adventures' beyond the Wall.

But he didn't get to come back. Ghost adn Ryne's howls in the night made me and other men gather in the courtyard. What I saw there made me sob quietly under their loud questions.

I am quick to follow them bringing Jon inside and placing him on his desk. Ryne sat next to my lap, also whining softly at the sight in front of us.

His face was whiter than the snow we got him from and his stab wounds were more than I could count at this moment.

"Thorne did this" Edd stated

"How many of your brothers do you think you can trust?" Ser Davos Seaworth asks

"Trust? The men in this room"

"Does the other wolf know you? We need all the help we can get"

"I can go and get him" I offer, knowing Ghost trusts me more than Edd

"No" said Davos "If they see you they'll kill you too."

I nod, reminding myself to think rationally and let Edd go for Ghost. Before we got to do anything else there's a knock on the door. All the swords are drew.

"Ser Davos" Melisandre calls for the knight in Stannis' service

Edd unlocks the door and the witch enters, stepping closer to Jon. "I saw him in the flames...fighting at Winterfell"

"I can't speak for the flames...but he's gone" Davos' statement leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. "Miss" a voice behind me calls. It was one of the brothers, who was holding a chair, giving it to me. I thank him for the kind act and he nods in a shy manner, not used to women. I let me and my tired legs rest.

We sat in the very same room until dawn and Alliser Thorne's knock on the door, that made the others draw their swords again and both of the direwolves growl.

"Ser Davos, we have no cause to fight" the traitor beyond the door declares. you"We are both anointed knights"

"Hear that lads" the older man on our side turns to us "Nothing to fear"

"I will grant amnesty to all brothers who throw down their arms before nightfall. You, Ser Davos, I will allow you to travel South, a free man with a fresh horse"

"And some mutton" Davos adds "I'd like some mutton"

"What?"

"I'm not much of a hunter. I'll need some food if I'm gonna make it South without starving"

"We'll give you food" Alliser agrees "You can bring Jon Snow's sister with you if you like" He continues offering "Or you can leave her here with us, whichever you choose, but surrender by nightfall or this ends with blood"

Davos nods "Thank you, Ser Alliser. We'll discuss amongst ourselves and come back to you with an answer" Then we hear the man departing.

"Boys, I've been running from men like that all my life. In my learned opinion, we open that door and they'll slaughter us all"

"They want to come in. They're gonna get it" Men argue

"Aye, but we don't need to make it easy for them"

"Edd is our only chance. It's a sad fucking statement if Dolorous Edd is our only chance" One of them reminds me of the man I've forgotten about and hoped will come back with help

"There's always the Red Woman"

"What's one redhead gonna do against 40 armed men"

"You haven't seen her do what I've seen her do"

꧁✯꧂

𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 quickly and Alliser Thorne came barging at the door no later.

"It's time, Ser Davos. Open the door and the men inside can rejoin their brothers in peace. We'll even set the wolves free north of the Wall where they belong" Alliser tries to reason with Davos. It was like Ryne understood his statement perfectly, as at the end of it she placed herself protectively in front of me "Nobody needs to die tonight"

"I've never been much of a fighter" Davos admits and grabs Longclaw, Jon's sword "Apologies for what you're about to see" Alliser began to get the door down.

Just when my thoughts traveled to Edd, him and the Wildlings appeared. May all the gods bless Edd Tollett.

I don't get out of the room to meet the eyes of our saviors, my gaze shifts to Jon's pale figure. After they arrest Alliser and his loyalists they get back in the office to give one last goodbye to my brother

"Took a lot of knifes" Tormund counts the bloody holes in my brother's chest "I'll have my men get the wood for a fire. Bodies to burn" He turned around

"Worry not, beauty of the South, your brother died for a good reason" the Wildling said as he passed by me. It brought little comfort to me, but it was appreciated, as I knew what's the only pity I'll get here.

Davos got the idea of asking Melisandre if there is anything that could be done to come back, an idea I agreed, remembering not to underestimate a person who learned their trade in Essos, the memory of Arya telling me that her Braavosi firend had helped her escape Harrenhal flowing in my mind.

She undressed Jon and washed him a wet cloth and began the ritual. I watch the witch anxiously say the foreign words desperately for the tenth time with no result.

But in the moment of the woman's departure in disappointment, Jon gasped and opened his eyes.

꧁✯꧂