𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈

꧁✯꧂

𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 with seven direwolf pups. Mother was indeed not happy about having her children around 'wild beasts' as she called them.

Her name was Ryne, the direwolf that Bran personally choose for me, thinking she was the first born pup, so his eldest sister needs to have it.

꧁✯꧂

𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 after a quiet ride in the woods with Ryne beside me, waiting patiently for me to get off the brown mare, whose reins I gave to Joseth, one of the stablemen.

The direwolf followed me as I tried to make my way through the busy place. Today was the King's arrival in Winterfell and its people ran around, getting the castle ready.

I sigh, already knowing what's going to happen. The reason why father asked me to come with him for a walk after dinner last evening was to make me decide between ruling the North or giving it to Robb. Each gave me the same fate.

Having to marry some boastful Lord - ruling the North giving me a bit more respect, but I knew how much Robb wanted to be Winterfell's Lord so I granted him the wish. And I also knew I didn't have the fucking patience for it.

Father suspected that the King will come and ask him to be his Hand after Jon Arryn's death and I'll accompany him to King's Landing where I am supposed to find a worthy husband.

"I want more candles into Lord Tyrion's room. I'm told he reads until late"
"I'm told he drinks until late"
"I'm told he fucks until late, I'm the one with the drinking" I find myself slipping into mother's conversation

"It was about time you appeared" I snapped my head towards her direction "The King arrives in a matter of a few hours. Go and dress properly." she ordered

I also tidy my chambers a bit, a thing that mother told me to do days ago, then I approach my closet and pull out a grey dress-representing my house, along with the furs. I join my family, who was waiting for the guests to make themselves seen.

Soon after bannermen appeared, holding banners with the House's sigil. After them, proudly rode Sansa's beloved crush.
"Where's Arya?" Mother asks
I shrug and so do the rest of my siblings, not knowing where our little sister is. It didn't take to long for Arya to get here, even though, her accessories wasn't the most finest thing you can wear when the royal family comes, so father stops her, taking the helmet off, handing it to Ser Rodrick.
I move my eyes to Sansa who is one step away from batting her eyelashes at the prince.
Joffrey is followed by his mother's carriage and then the King comes into the view.

And somehow it was expected for the great strong man that father always told us about, to be now a fat, red-cheeked bastard who lives off boar fat and can't get off his horse without the help of his squire.

He starts walking to us, then I look again from the corner of my eye and see the King's gesture for us to rise. With a hand placed on my knee I get up.

"Your Grace" father bows his head

"You've got fat" The King commented and I would gladly tell him to speak for himself. After a long pause full of tension they both started laughing and embraced, then did the same with mother.

"Nine years...why haven't I seen you? Where the hell have you been?"

"Guarding the North for you, Your Grace. Winterfell is yours" Finally the carriage's door opened and the Queen steps out, followed by her youngest children and other ladies.