𝙎𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙈𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙡 𝙓 (𝙁𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙚) 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧

Requested by @squiishie_shxt this is cute, thank you for the idea!! 🤭

(Sorry for the late update)

CONTAINS:
☆ Fluff ☆

You were finishing cooking dinner with music playing in the background before hearing the back window open. You smile to yourself, knowing it was your husband since that's the way he always comes in after his job.

You wiped your hands off before turning around to see Miguel in his Spider-Man suit. "Welcome back~" You greeted him, hugging him tightly. His mask faded away, revealing his face.

"Missed you too, reina." He said, kissing the top of your head.

"I made dinner." You smiled, looking up at him. "Okay, let me get changed." He responded, kissing your head again before leaving for your bedroom.  Something seemed off.

You couldn't quite put your finger on it, but you could tell he wasn't at 100% right now.

You plated the dinner you had made with plans to confront him about it. He came back from changing and sat down at the table. "How was work?" You asked, not wanting to get straight to the point just yet.

"It was alright." He replied simply, taking a bite out of his food. You nodded your head and ate some of your food as well.

You let a few minutes of comfortable silence pass before saying something.

"What's wrong?" You asked, resting your head on your palm. He looked up from his plate and made eye contact with you. "Nothing why?" He said, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"You just seem a little off is all...what's going on?" You questioned, his response not seeming very genuine. "Other than a slight headache nothing's wrong." He spoke while shrugging.

You huffed at his response, he was never one to tell you what was wrong, he didn't want to burden you.

"Miguel..." You started, making him sigh deeply. "Fine, maybe it's a light migraine." He gave in, but not all the way. "Miguel. You know you can tell me anything, right?" You say genuinely, holding his hand across the table.

"Yes..." He responded, looking down at his plate.

"Right, so tell me what it is." You said, rolling your eyes. You weren't gonna leave him alone until he told you, and he knew this. He paused for a moment before slowly taking another bite out of his food.

You scoffed before getting up.

You saw his eyes widen and follow you, surprised at your sudden leave. You rummaged through the bathroom's medicine cabinet, looking for a thermometer and pain medicine. You found what you were looking for, along with some Advil.

You walked back to the table with the supplies and set them on the table. "Open." You told him, holding the thermometer in one hand and his face in the other.

He held up a finger as he finished chewing. You gave him an aggravated look, knowing he was doing this on purpose. When he noticed the look you were giving him he swallowed and opened his mouth.

You stuck the device under his tongue for a few seconds before pulling it out. He had a fever.

"Someone's sick." You said, showing your husband his temperature. "Who? Not me." He responded, eating the last bite on his plate. "Miguel." You spoke in a tone that made him freeze and immediately look at you.

"You are too stubborn for your own good."  You sighed, shaking your head. "Come on, Let's get you in bed. I'll get you some ice and water." You told him, walking into the kitchen.

You heard him groan in annoyance. He hated it when you insisted on catering to him, thinking it was inconveniencing you. But deep down you knew he loved it.

You grabbed the Advil, ice, and water and walked into the bedroom before setting it on his nightstand table. "Take this for your headache." You said, handing him the small red medicine. You kissed his warm forehead before placing the ice pack on top of it. You left and got ready for bed.

You walked out of the bathroom to see Miguel watching the TV, the Advil and water untouched. You sighed as you walked over. "Seriously." You said, looking between Miguel and the medicine. "It'll go away on its own. The ice is nice though." He said as you picked up the Advil and water.

"No, I'm not letting you suffer in silence. Now open."
You ordered, holding the Advil to his mouth. He obeyed and took the medicine, drinking the water afterwards. "See? That wasn't so hard now was it?" You tease, getting into the bed with him.

"What are you doing? I'll sleep on the couch, I don't want to get you sick." He said, attempting to escape but you grab his arm and pull him back into the bed.

"I love you so much, but please shut the fuck up and let me look after you." You said, laying your head on his chest. "Fine. But just this once." He sighed.

He's said that phrase every time he got sick, but you'd never remind him.

"Yay!" You said quietly, snuggling closer to him. You thought you could hear a quiet chuckle leave his lips, even though he rarely lets one slip.

"Let me know if you need anything~" You cooed as you turned off the light.

"Love you." He said, kissing the side of your head and wrapping his arms around your waist. He pulled you closer to him as you both drifted to sleep.

Word count: 920 Another short chapter, I apologize... but it was sweet nonetheless 😉
-Mae