"I have long since moved on, and if I'm being honest, it was not easy. You didn't just hurt me, you hurt everyone around me. People who I really care for... so no. You might be thinking about us but I'm not. I'm not, even the slightest, interested."

Yurim's eyes went down to her hands on the table, but her eyes deviated to see Donghyuck's soulmate bracelet. Oh, I see.

"No.. that isn't the real reason. You're lying to me." Yurim intervened, her eyes glassed up with tears. Donghyuck looked at the girl in disbelief. "Oh God-" He said, gulping in the remainder wine in the glass. Damn, the wine tasting a bit too good today-

"What then do you think is the reason, if I'm lying?" He asked. "Y-You've found your soulmate."  Donghyuck glanced at his soulmate bracelet. "Yes. And?" 

"T-THAT'S THE REASON WHY. THAT'S WHY Y-YOU WON'T GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE." Yurim agonized, gulping back tears. "SHE MIGHT BE PRETTY AND FUNNY AND ALL THE THINGS I COULDN'T BE FOR YOU- OF COURSE! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER?! You're cruel. Just because you have another chick-"

"Know your limits." Donghyuck fumed, raising his voice a bit. "Keep this conversation limited to you and I. You don't have the right to drag her in, let far calling her a derogatory term. I will not tolerate it. Also, to think that you cannot take accountability for what you have done is embarrassing. Putting the blame on me, or any other does not change that you are to blame."

Yurim flinched. He had changed a lot. He could speak now. 

And spoke he did.

"Listen- I SAID I'M SORRY. GIVE ME A CHANCE. PLEASE!"

And Donghyuck was on his fourth glass of wine as the alcohol had slowly started kicking in. 

"No." He said in a slurred tone. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must go back to my room and do anything but think about the contents of this discussion today." 

"YOU CAN'T BE DOING THIS TO ME RIGHT NOW- I- WERE WE EVEN A THING?!" Yurim shouted. She took the glass of water and directed to throw it at Donghyuck.

"Halt." Donghyuck intervened, taking of his coat and placing it to a side.  Priorities, of course. "I-" Yurim threw the water onto his shirt, slammed the glass onto the table and left.

"Madam, your Arrabia..ta-" The waiter came in, realizing that the woman who ordered it had now left the table. He awkwardly looked at Donghyuck who shot a genuine smile at the waiter. "Pack it and send it to Room 127, I'd hate wasting food. And put it on my bill, please, thank you." 

~~~~~

"It's such a cool place, I don't know why I was having a bad feeling about this." Mijin said to Seolhee over video call. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." The older girl replied, giggling.

MIJIN- Well, how are things between you and Mark?
SEOLHEE- It's all good. We are going out this evening to search for some new fits for the dance covers, they've been doing quite well lately. If everything works out, maybe we'll open a dance studio. I'm looking forward to it.
MIJIN- That's so cool, I really wish you the best! Get me a relationship like you guys though, please.
SEOLHEE- Oh do shut up, you have Donghyuck. Half of your Instagram is full of pictures of you with him.
MIJIN- You don't read the captions.
SEOLHEE- But it's still cute. :(
MIJIN- Can you not-
SEOLHEE- We can be sister in laws. :(

Mijin shook her head in disbelief of the other.

MIJIN- I'll pretend I didn't hear that-

Just then Mark appeared behind Seolhee with some food delivery bags and waved a hi from the background.

MARK- Hey Jin! Or should I say, bonjour?
MIJIN- Just because I'm in France does not mean I'm changing nationalities-
MARK- BUT THE FRENCH FEELS STILL EXIST.
MIJIN- Well that's true. I was just telling Seol how absolutely beautiful this place is.
SEOLHEE- Plus she's sharing rooms with Donghyuck.
MIJIN- Okay can we not do this again-
MARK- Oh no don't be excited for her. We shared rooms for a good time while they were still renovating the place and hearing from Renjun's experience too: he is NOT a good roommate. My thoughts and prayers shall remain with you.
MIJIN- And he said I'm the downgrade, pfft.
MARK- Speaking of Donghyuck, where is he? I called him like 30 minutes ago, he didn't pick up. Then I called him 15 minutes ago, he didn't pick up. I'm pretty sure he's stolen a shirt of mine-
MIJIN- I don't know, said it was some business work? I don't know.
MARK- In France? That's weird. I didn't hear mom or dad mentioning anything about that.
MIJIN- What do you mean?
MARK- Well, usually any issues related to foreign embassies or companies are dealt by the foreign representative for the country. Mom, dad or Donghyuck only visit if it is something super serious. And if it is something super serious, it usually goes about this household.

Hunh. Mijin thought to herself. Where has he gone?

~~~~~

I am back !! Sorry for the long break 😅
Thank you for the immense support you've given me in the comments, y'all are so sweet <3

Are Yurim and Donghyuck officially over now? ...or 👀 Also, a kdrama scene was taken into account for this chapter, lmk if you could guess