Chapter 6: The Citadel

Inside the large 'vessel' that attacked Eden Prime, the nameless Turian sat in his quarters with a small table beside him. In front of him was a vid screen that was currently blacked out, as he was occupied with his own thoughts of the Prothean beacon. 

The Turian closed his eyes and pondered the vision in his mind, trying to uncover a hidden meaning that could help in his mission. So far, nothing of great importance had emerged from his mind.

Suddenly, an Asari -a Matriarch- entered the room. She cleared her throat to announce her presence before folding her arms against the back of her dress. The Turian opened his eyes, and waited for the woman to continue; they hade done this before, during their earlier missions together. Even so, the Asari often waited for a physical telling that she could speak.

"We identified the ship that touched on Eden Prime. The Normandy. A Human Alliance Vessel." She paused. "It was under the command of Captain Anderson. They managed to save the colony."

The Turian was quiet. "...And the beacon?"

"The Heteromorph may have used it." The Asari reluctantly reported. She felt a tightness in her chest as she explained everything, and her fears were well placed.

The nameless Turian froze in his seat, processing the information he'd just received, before a low growl rumbled out of his throat. Suddenly, he jumped out of his seat and threw his table across the room, screaming out of pure rage. Knowing that such an unpredictable variable had now impacted his plans was enough to make the alien have a major freak-out due to uncertainty in the future.

He'd recently learned of the Heteromorph -Ainz Ooal Gown- from leaked reports on the Citadel, and didn't know how to proceed with such a new enemy on the battlefield; a creature who could singlehandedly kill a Thresher Maw in one strike was incredibly dangerous, and would likely be a major problem.

The Turian rushed towards the Asari and grabbed the sides of her head. However, before he could follow through with his rage-induced strike, he managed to calm himself down and assess the situation. His breaths were noticeably hoarse and tight, likely due to the sudden fears that plagued his mind, but he refused to let her question his current state. Instead, he lowered his claws.

"This Heteromorph, and his friends, must be eliminated." He growled before turning away. "I must be alone for a while. Leave." The Asari bowed respectfully and left the room. The Turian released a shaken breath from his mandibles.

Perhaps he could release some mercs to deal with them? This sudden thought earned a bitter chuckle from the alien as he wandered around his damaged chamber; a man who could eliminate a Thresher Maw without resistance was not something he could face with hired killers, but what choice did he have?

None, was the simplest answer.

(~With Ainz - The SSV Normandy~)

Ainz sat motionless in the Normandy med-bay as the lights shown down upon his fleshless avatar. He scraped two clawed fingers against the side of his skull, not appreciating the awkward silence that permeated the room. He noticed Dr Chakwas standing beside the bed, reading through a report on her omni-tool.

The woman turned around and looked into his crimson points - Ainz noted a distant look of fear in the woman's face, thought it was only for a moment before she recollected herself. 

"Ainz, please lie down."  Chakwas requested as she attempted to check his vitals. He was an undead, however, and this made reading his non-existent vitals rather difficult.

"...Why?"  Ainz questioned after a moment of silence.

"Because I said so."  Chakwas replied.

"As you wish, doctor."  The Overlord said as he leaned back into the bed. Chakwas moved beside him and continued to scan him for any strange readings, but much like earlier, there was nothing to report. His body provided little-to-no results.