ʟᴏ'ᴀᴋ

𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒐𝒗

𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I've been looking for lo'ak for hours. After my dad sent him to apologize to aonung he just hadn't shown up. I was starting to get annoyed, was he just being stubborn and hiding away? While I was deep in thought I ran into someone

"Oh my I'm so sorry" the sweet voice rang through my ears as I knew exactly who it was.

"Watch where your going next time sweetheart" I teased her as she looked up and rolled her eyes while laughing.

"Whatever, you look stressed is everything alright? " xaloria gently grabbed my hand and caressed it with her thumb.

"I can't seem to find lo'ak anywhere, after my dad told him to go apologize to your brother he just hasn't came back. "

"I could ask my brother if he knows, follow me. " she began leading me to aonung and his friends.

"Aonung where is my brother. " I asked sternly as he chuckled.

"I don't know"

"I know your lying aonung where is my brother. " I moved closer to him as xaloria held my hand back trying to prevent another outbreak.

"Aonung just tell him" xaloria continued.

"Okay fine, me and my friends left him outside the reef, it's not even a big deal" he smirked, I was furious.

"What do you mean you took him beyond the reef, aonung are you insane he's not familiar with the ocean! " xaloria yelled at aonung as she pushed him back.

Without asking anymore questions I grabbed him by the arm and took him back to my father. "Jeez where are you taking me"

"You are going to tell my father everything. "

-

"Tell him what you told me" I pushed aonung into our mauri as my dad stood up from sitting down with kiri.

"What is this? " my dad asked aonung sternly.

"I took lo'ak outside the reef and he hasn't come back yet" aonung looked down avoiding my dad's face.

"You what? " my dad slightly raised his voice as he pushed past us telling me commands.

Before leaving I turned back towards aonung. "If my brother does not come back I will end you. " I meant it all.

-

After hours of waiting for my brother to show up I heard the horn. I ran to the dock to see my brother about to charge at aonung until my father stopped him.

"Let's have a look at you" my father observed lo'ak and turned back to the crowd "he's fine just a few scratches but he's fine!"

My mother then walked up to lo'ak clearly furious "I pray for the strength that I do not pluck the eyes out of my youngest son"

"No, my son knows better than to take him outside the reef, the blame is his. " tonowari spoke before pushing his son down.

"No it was me, I wanted to go outside the reef but he tried to talk me out of it" I looked at my brother confused, why would he lie he could've gotten killed.

My dad then took lo'ak away from the crowd and back to our mauri. I watched as my brother tried to reason with my dad.

"I was just trying to make friends dad" my dad looked at lo'ak and began his rant about staying out of trouble. "can I go now? " my dad nodded as lo'ak left.

"And where were you? " my mother chimed in as my dad continued. "Yeah, what happened to keeping an eye on your brother? "

"I'm sorry sir" he continued lecturing me and I eventually was dismissed.

As I was walking out xaloria caught up with me. "Neteyam! "

"Oh hey" I gave her a smile smile

"Is your brother okay? I saw him storm out, are you okay as well you seem upset" she was so concerned for not just lo'ak but for me too.

"Lo'ak is just stressed out about the whole thing. " I paused before continuing "I guess I'm just upset that I'm still having to get in trouble for lo'aks doings, I wasn't even involved it just sucks"

"I'm so sorry about this whole thing I just feel bad, I'll make sure aonung properly apologies to you guys okay? "

"No xaloria you don't need to do that its fine-" before I could continue she cut me off.

"I'll make sure he apologies okay? "

"Okay." I nodded and gave her a smile. "Your so stubborn your lucky I like you" I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear as she smiled.

ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sʜᴏʀᴛɪsʜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴏ sᴏʀʀʏ ɢᴜʏs

- s ʚɞ