ᴍᴀᴛᴇᴅ

ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ <3

ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ <3

𝒙𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

𝒙𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I fluttered my eyes open as the sun beamed into the cave. I looked up and was met with an awake but obviously tired neteyam smiling at me.

"good morning ma' ria" he spoke as he caressed my hair.

"My parents are gonna be so mad that I stayed out" I mumbled into his chest as he chuckled.

"Don't think about that right now, how about we get dressed and get breakfast" I nodded and sat up grabbing my loincloth.

After changing into my loincloth I looked around the cave for my top. "Neteyam do you know where my top is" I turned around and saw him smirking with my top in his hand. "You're not funny"

"Oh I'm so funny"

I reached out to grab it and each time o tried he just raised his arm higher. "Neteyam I need my top" I dragged my words as he stood laughing at me. Finally he gave me my top.

"I liked you better when you were naked in my arms" he put on a sad face as I rolled my eyes while smiling at him.

"Whatever perv"

"What I am not a perv! " he dramatically gasped while putting his hand on his chest.

I hummed as a response and began walking out of the cave "come on let's go" Neteyam followed behind me.

-

After neteyam walked me to my marui I walked in to my parents inside clearly waiting for me. "Where have you been all not xaloria! " my mom stood up cradling her stomach.

"I went for a swim and when I got out I fell asleep in a cave. " I partially was telling the truth.

"You weren't with that sully boy were you? "

"No dad"

"Well, we are here to discuss a decision we made for you" my mom spoke. "We have chosen who will be the next oloeyktan and who you will be mated with. "

"We have gone through all the young navi and we believe that zidrani would be best fit" my father continued.

"What are you serious? Of all people zidrani? And why are you choosing who I'm mating with! "

"Xaloria! You do not raise your voice at us! " my mom shouted back. "The decision is final you two will be mated when zidrani finishes his training. "

I was so in shock that my parents had decided to choose who I mate with, it's my life, and of course they had to go with zidrani. "I can't. " I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that? " my dad asked regarding my mumble.

"I can't mate with zidrani. "

"What do you mean you can't xaloria, you have no choice-" my mom tried to protest when she finally caught on. "No you are not.. " I stayed silent "you have mated already?! " she shouted.

"Who is this boy? " my dad spoke to me in a more toned down voice compared to my mom, but still stern.

"Neteyam.. " I whispered.

"Neteyam?! The sully boy! " my mom paced around the marui as I stood with my head low. It felt so painful at the thought that I have disappointed my parents, but I also felt free. All my life I've worked to satisfy my parents, and for once in my life I did something I wanted to do.

My mom continued to lecture me as I stood silent. After a while she stopped.

"May I be excused"

"You may be exscused to your room. " my mom spoke as I walked to my bedroom.

-

I sat on my hammock just in my own world thinking about what happened when my dad came in.

"Xaloria I want to talk to you. " he took a seat next to me.

"Are you going to lecture me again? "

"Not quite" I looked up at him confused. "Do you love him? "

I nodded, too afraid to speak up for myself.

"Xaloria, I am not mad at you but I am disappointed that you went against me and your mother's wishes. " he paused. "However, if you really do love him and he makes you happy, I won't take that away from you. "

I looked up at him in complete and utter shock. "Really? " he nodded his head as he pulled me into a hug. "Thank you dad"

He sighed as he rubbed my back. "My daughter, all grown up. Seems like yesterday you still 5 years old and bringing home your new collection of shells you found while following aonung and rotxo around. " he smiled to himself.

I pulled away from the hug. "What about mom? "

"She's cooled down but she still isn't the most approving with your decision" I sighed. "Don't worry, she'll come around"

"I hope so"

My dad tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear before standing up. "I'll leave you be now, I think you should go tell neteyam about us knowing though, I imagine your mother will want something of him. " he gave me a smile before leaving my room.

He was right is should go tell neteyam that my parents now know. I walked out of my marui and made my way to the sullys.

sᴏʀʀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴀ ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛᴏɴᴏᴡᴀʀɪ ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴀ

- s ʚɞ