Ruby groan at this as Y/N pat her on the head, making her blush a bit.

Y/N: "Let's focus on something else. Like... what kind of dress you're going to wear?"

Ruby: "Oh, uhm..."

The team leader start tapping her two fingers together as she ponders how to respond.

Ruby: "I'll just... wear something that doesn't stand out much."

Y/N stretch his arms as he replies back.

Y/N: "Well, whatever you choose to wear, I'm sure it'll look great on you."

Ruby immediately looks away to hide her blushing face as Y/N continues.

Y/N: "Just try not to fall from you heels, okay?"

Ruby: "You just have to bring it up!"

Y/N just chuckles over her reaction as Ruby pouts, looking away again.

Ruby: ("I... I want to... tell him... about my f-feelings, but I'm not sure how to do it or what if he doesn't... n-no, I just have to face this head on, no matter what happens. You got this, Ruby!")

Soon enough, they head inside a fancy clothing stores for both men and women. Majority of the products are from Vale while a handful of them are based on both Mistral and Atlas/Mantle. The two students look around the place, trying to pick which one they want to wear at the dance.

Y/N: "Well, I'm going to get a suit. You need anything, Rubes?"

Ruby: "Uhm... no. I'll try to find a dress around here."

Y/N: "Okay. Tell me if you need anything, alright?"

Ruby: "Sure..."

They search through all the clothes for a while, until Ruby finally picks one to her liking. 

Ruby: ("This could work...")

She quickly dashes to Y/N, showing the dark red dress to him.

Ruby: "Found one!"

Y/N: "Oh, good. Looks like it fit your color scheme too."

Ruby: "You think it looks good on me?"

Y/N: "Well, I can't tell if you don't put it on."

Ruby: "H-Huh?"

Y/N point at a nearby changing room to a blushing Ruby.

Y/N: "Go ahead and try it on."

The team leader ponders to herself before eventually responding back.

Ruby: "Okay... I... I guess I can put it on."

Y/N steps forward a bit.

Y/N: "Think you need any help?"

Ruby, in response, steps back a little, her voice being a bit quieter.

Ruby: "N-No, no, I think I can manage it."

Y/N: "Alright, I'll go keep searching for my suit. See ya."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah."

After that, Ruby head inside the changing room as Y/N continues his search for a while before finding the right suit to his liking. 

Y/N: ("Finally found one. Heh, not too shabby if I do say so myself.")

He brings it over to the front desk and asking the worker if there's a suit like this for his size. 

Worker #70: "Okay, just give me a minute please."

After waiting a minute or two, the worker gave Y/N the suit he wanted. Soon enough, Y/N went into the changing room, getting undressed. He starts to put on a nice black suit and white shirt underneath along with black pants and dress shoes. He then finishes it off with a red bow tie. Y/N look himself in the mirror, moving around a bit before smiling to himself.