Chapter 17

A glum Ruby rest her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at.

Weiss:  "I need you to pick a tablecloth."

The smiling heiress slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white. Confused, Ruby replies.

Ruby: "Uh, aren't they both the same?"

This makes Weiss sigh in frustration.

Weiss: "I don't even know why I asked."

Weiss walks out of the scene as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground. Brushing her hands, Yang approaches her moping sister.

Yang: "So, have you picked out a dress yet?"

Ruby: "What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?"

Yang: "Oh, don't worry; she's going."

As she said this, she looks over to Weiss with irritation. 

Yang: "Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!"

In response, Weiss walk up to Yang, pointing at her face.

Weiss: "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!"

The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening, revealing to be Neptune and Sun.

Neptune: "Your dance is going to have fog machines?"

Weiss step in.

Weiss: "We were thinking about it..."

Neptune: "That's pretty cool."

Sun: "You ladies all excited for dress-up?"

Ruby: "Pfft... Yeah, right."

Yang: "Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night! Speaking of which, where's Y/N?"

Ruby: "In the process of trying to convince Blake in coming to the dance."

Weiss then address to Sun and Neptune.

Weiss: "What are you two wearing?"

Sun: "Uuhhh... this?" 

He gestures to his current shirtless outfit. In turn, Neptune steps and holds a hand in front of his teammate's face.

Neptune: "Ignore him for he knows not what he says."

Sun then knocks Neptune's hand away.

Sun: "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place."

Yang mirror Ruby's and Weiss's looks of being told something very obvious.

Yang: "Yeah, we noticed."

Sun: "Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?"

Weiss: "Obviously."

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind. I just hope Y/N is having better luck."

Yang: "Guys. Trust me; Blake will be at the dance tomorrow."

As she said this, Yang walks out, about to head to Blake's location. 

(A Few Minutes Ago)

Blake is sitting on one of the library tables as Y/N casually approach her and sit next to her, seeing that no one is near them. Blake quickly glances at Y/N before looking back the holographic screen in front of her.