Hush now my sly fox;

She stood there in front of the Sacred Sakura tree. A little dizzy.

A shrine maiden walked up to her, what was she holding?

"Lady Guuji, may this indulge your need for a new novel?" The shrine maiden asked curiously. "Ah! Let's see if this is worth my attention," Yae said, opening her eyes to look at the shrine maiden.

Yae placed a tissue onto her mouth, coughing.

"Lady Guuji? Are you ok?" Asked the shrine maiden.

"I..." She collapsed on her knees, coughing violently. "Lady Guuji?!" The shrine maiden shrieked in fear. "That's Chief EDITOR," Yae yelled, thunder bolted from the sky. "Y-yes Chief Editor," the shrine maiden said, collapsing her voice.

Yae tried getting up, but her legs failed her. "Lady- I uh! Chief Editor! You need to get some rest, it is obvious you are sick!" the shrine maiden yelped again. "I'm fine!" Yae said, gathering her strength to get up.

"How sad, I didn't even get to read this," Yae uttered, picking up the novel. A sudden strain clashed with Yae's body, and her heart thumped.

"CHIEF EDITOR?" The shrine maiden yelled.

Yae once again fell to her knees, coughing. "My body aches!" Yae mumbled. What was this pain? This illness? The Kitsune could not move her body, each movement left a violent streak of pain.

She kept coughing, eventually, she started coughing blood. The shrine maiden called for help as Yae was helpless on the floor. "How embarrassing!" Yae snapped, breathing heavily. As medical professionals rushed in, Yae was still conscious as everything slowly bothered her.

Her head started throbbing in pain, slowly but surely, and her throat became itchy and dry. Eventually, Yae fainted.

...

Shhh... Cliffhanger (jk the rest is in another book)