Honey?

I quickly lock my phone, giggling when I hear Jake cuss after taking a corner too tight

I quickly lock my phone, giggling when I hear Jake cuss after taking a corner too tight.  His handsome face pops around the doorframe of the bedroom, shock evident on his features as he catches sight of me sitting on the edge of the bed.

He crosses the room and takes my face in his hands, so gently it's like he thinks he's handling priceless artwork.  "You're serious, sweetheart?"

"Depends on whether or not you're upset?" I ask sheepishly.

We weren't actively trying for a baby, but I also stopped my birth control about six months ago so I could get through a couple of cycles to regulate everything without birth control for the first time in my adult life. Between Jake and the rest of the squadron being wrapped up in teaching most recent Top Gun class and me being slammed at work, there weren't a lot of...opportunities for success.  Honestly, I didn't even think twice about it until Jake brushed my nipple in his sleep and I almost punched him, because that was definitely a first.

"Upset?  Honey, this is amazing!  I'm so excited, how long have you known?!" He sends questions my way in rapid succession before peppering kisses all across my face and landing on my lips.  One giant palm lands on my still flat belly while the other continues to cradle my face.

"Remember when I told you that I almost murdered you in your sleep for accidentally touching my boob?"

His eyebrows furrow as he tries to remember. "Uhh yeah, like two weeks ago maybe?  I thought you said you were probably PSMing though?"

"Yep, I thought so too.  But then I didn't start, so I took a test. Saved the best for you, handsome.  Take a look at our little peanut."  I beam up at him and reach behind me for the sonogram picture.

The plasticky paper lands in his hand and his eyes immediately zero in on the grainy black and white image. His finger traces the tiny little gummy bear in the middle and tears well up in his eyes.

"How far along are you?"

"Doctor said about 8 weeks," I grin up at him, waiting for the timeline to sync up in his head.

"8 weeks? So around...early May. That was when...oh shit!" he busts out laughing at the realization.

I can't help but join in his laughter, because the memory definitely was a fun one. "Yep, when your breeding kink was discovered. Who'd have ever thought that you seeing me push our niece in a stroller would get you all hot and bothered? You did what you said you would though, you went and made me a mama!"

Jake groans at the wink I send him, then closes the small space between us. I squeal as my back lands against the bed and Jake's lips find my neck.

"Fuck, I love you woman."

•••••••••••••••
Fun little Jake drabble for Father's Day, enjoy 😘