Chapter 1 - A not so ordinary day

Figure's POV:

I was in my library like usual, trying to help Screech reach a book when all of a sudden Halt bursts into the room. "Everyone, meeting at the lobby in 20 minutes. Do not be late. I repeat DO NOT BE LATE!" he shouts as he rushes out of the room. This startled everyone. Almost immediately all the entities who are gathered in the library start to scamper everywhere like little mice until they have finally made it to their room in order to get ready for our first ever meeting in the many years we have been forced to spend here. It was quite unusual as we had never experienced anything like this in our lives before. That is why I decided to go straight to the lobby. It may have been early but it's better than being late. Once I arrived, I sat down in my seat and waited for the rest, being the first one to arrive meant that I got no one to talk to so I just sat there for around 5 minutes until some one ran into the room. Though surprisingly, their heart beat was not familiar! I have memorised the heart beat of all the entities that have visited the library before. This person must have never been there before. How strange. So that is why I decided to introduce myself to them. "Hi, my name is Figure. I don't seem to recognise your heart beat, have we not met before?" I ask only to be given the silence treatment. Why was I so stupid. Of course we haven't met before. So I just sat there like before only to realise that their heart beat seems to have increased, I wonder why that is.

Seek's POV:

It was an ordinary day, or so I thought, and i had decided to continue the artwork of the hotel that I started a month ago. After spending so long on it, it was finally finished, i just needed to add the finishing touches. Then Halt floats through the door and shouts at me from the top of his lungs causing me to accidentally ruin my whole masterpiece. Oh how i wanted to just punch him in the face right then and there but of course I couldn't cause he is a flipping ghost. "SEEK, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE LOBBY, WE ARE HAVING AN EMERGENCY MEETING IN 20 MINUTES!" Halt says as he leaves the room. Why did he tell me to go to the lobby now if the meeting starts in 20 minutes? Well guess I should get going. I'd probably forget we even had a meeting in 5 minutes. Then it hit me, why are we having a meeting, we haven't had an annoying meeting ever in this hotel. I decided to run to the lobby to save me getting distracted by anything but when I got there, i saw a mysterious and unusual figure sitting there. They looked kinda cute. No Seek stop thinking about that, you don't even know them well! I was about to go and sit down when they spoke. He spoke in a very calming voice. "Hi, my name is Figure. I don't seem to recognise your heart beat, have we not met before?" he asks me. I try to answer but no words come out of my mouth. It is like my mouth has been glued shut. I don't know why but I felt my heart rate increase. How I wanted to turn around and run. This was too embarrassing but I suddenly managed to stammer something. "M-my name's S-Seek" Is what i hear myself say. I hope they didn't notice me blushing. I was about to turn around and run when Rush appeared at the door. There was no escaping now.

Figure's POV:

I was surprised when I heard them speak. They had such a sweet voice. But wait, what did she say her name was? Seek? That name sounds so familiar, I swear I have heard it somewhere before I just don't remember when or by who. "Hey Figure. What's up, my bestie?" I heard someone shout, making me snap out of my thoughts. It was Rush. Was the meeting really about to start now? It has been 20 minutes that quickly!?!? All I could hear were screams and shouts of the other entities as they entered the lobby. It gave me a headache. But after a long while Curious Light showed up and the meeting began.

Rush's POV:

I just walked into the lobby when I saw Figure talking to Seek. I was expecting Seek to shout at Figure or start bullying him but instead I was shocked. Seek was standing still, quietly just listening. It looked almost like Seek was shy! That can't be true though, my eyes must be playing tricks on me, I am probably just tired. Maybe I should take a nap after this meeting. After a while of silence, I heard Seek speak, but I was shocked, for the first time in my life I saw her say something peacefully and quietly. She looked very nervous and she was blushing. Does she like Figure? That can't be right. Seek, the hotel bully falling in love with the kindest, most generous person in the whole hotel? Then I noticed something, Figure was blushing too! He might actually like Seek back! I need to talk to him after this meeting. No way am I going to let a kind and innocent person like him fall in love with a mean and arrogant person like her. Wanting Figure to get his mind off Seek, I just decided to talk to him. "Hey Figure. What's up, my bestie" I shout out of desperation. Just then all the other entities come flooding into the lobby like a herd of sheep. It was so noisy that I couldn't even hear myself think but eventually Curious light came. "SILENCE!" he shouted as he began with the meeting.