10. Shining Light & Darkness

After a long day, Verona was back at her school accommodation. It was late evening and some of the girls were socialising in the common room eating popcorn and watching a film. She joined the girls feeling relaxed that finally all the drama from her long day was over. Dani was going to join the school and Verona had managed to stay long enough with her godmother that day to keep her content.

Verona could see the girls around her seemed more comfortable to be in her company. She could have a normal conversation with them. She wanted a normal life and she was getting closer to being treated as a normal person only if Ottavio didn't terrorise the people close to her. The girls understood she did not exercise the power that she had and wanted to be like everyone else. It made them be more relaxed. This was a dream evening hang out time with the girls on this Friday night. She wondered if her peaceful feeling could be disturbed by anything.

Suddenly a group of girls rushed in startling everyone in the room including Verona. One girl said "Oh my god. Oh my god.... There is this insanely handsome boy with top class Sports car at the front..."

Another girl nodded "Verona... The warden said he is related to you. Is it true? Why doesnt he attend our school?"

The other girls nodded "Yes. Why doesnt he come to this school. He looks so athletic. Our sports teams could use this guy... And we then get to watch him all day.... Convince him to join our school Verona..."

Another girl said "The warden said the boy wants to see you but since he found out you are busy watching a film, he asked the warden that she should not disturb you... He is waiting for you but he has said there is not rush..."

The other girl said "We are not complaining... We can watch him while he waits... But who is he? Tell us about him..."

Verona shook her head as she was hearing the girls rushing in asking questions. She stood up "Let me go and see who is here..." When they had said sports car, she had a pretty good idea who it was. And of course the fact that this boy was allowed to come this close to a girl's dormitory, it gave it away. No one refused him anything or they died. Visitors mostly came to the car park and not here and all with previously booked appointments. But obviously even security knew who they were dealing with or someone warned them who he was. No one messed with him.

Verona sighed as he saw a long line of girls looking outside the windows. Verona did not need to even check through the windows about who it was. She walked to the door. She said to the girls "I will be back... I need to talk to him..." She opened the door.

Verona walked outside. She saw her brother Venetziano standing reading a newspaper while leaning to a car. He didnt go anywhere without a sports car. He was the same age as Ottavio. He drove sports cars in safe private roads and if they were on a formal visit like that day the chauffeur had to drive him in a sports car. But of course today there was chauffeur and there were guards watching him and Verona that day.  She looked at the black cars outside the gates from a distance who were going to follow them around.

Verona walked to him "Hi Venetziano.... When did you come back to New York?"

Venetziano glanced at her "Hi Verona... I came back last night..."

Verona said "What are you doing here?"

Venetziano said "What does it look like? I am here to pick you up?"

Verona asked "Pick me up?"

Venetziano explained "Yes... Father wanted to send his men to come pick you up, and I came with them... "

Verona asked "Where are we going? Home?"

Venetziano said "No... This weekend's summit is at Ottavio's house so father has reserved a hotel for the family near the venue. Ottavio's house is quite far from ours so it makes sense to stay overnight nearby to make the most of the summit day..."