8. Internship

Verona was visiting the hospital where she was meant to do her internship that was part of one of the benefits of attending her school. Attending this school had its advantages. She could conduct medical research as an intern, complete a hospital project and also observe how different professionals worked at the hospital before she made her college choices. It was worth attending Ottavio's school. It was definitely worth it. However she preferred attending the Irish campus since she was sure she was not going to get any advantages there. So she had used her right to choose her hospital to pick an Irish owned hospital quite far from the campus that the students from the Irish school mostly chose. This way she was sure she could get away from influence of Ottavio and having a normal experience. Life was looking up.

As she was looking around the massive hospital with a map in one hand and induction pack in the other, she heard a voice calling her name.

Verona stopped walking looked up "Stanley?"

Stanley was standing in front of her. "Small world. Isn't it?"

Verona said "Yes... It is... So... Your internship placement is here too?"

Stanley shook her head "No... I haven't made my choice yet for my internship placement... Still deciding... I came here looking around for reasons irrelevant to school work... I was looking for someone..."

Verona said "Oh... Have you found them yet?"

Stanley said "Yes... You..."

Verona said "Huh? You came here looking for me?"

Stanley said "Yes... I am glad I found you... This place is so far out no one chose it... So it was easy to locate you when I asked reception which direction the new intern was heading... We need to talk..."

Verona said "Ok... Sure..." She looked in the direction of the cafeteria in the hospital that was nearby. "Let's talk over coffee... I need a drink..."

Stanley said "Good idea... You sit down. I will get us coffee..."

Verona chose to sit in a secluded spot as he was watching Stanley carrying two cups of coffee towards the table. She had no idea why Stanley was there to see her. She was curious.

Stanley put the coffee cups on the table and sat down opposite her "So... You maybe wondering why I wanted to see you... The decision to speak to you and as you for help was not an easy one... I am running out of options. My only hope is you..."

Verona raised an eyebrow "You need my help? I did not expect to hear that... What can I do for you?"

Stanley took a deep breath "You need to speak to someone you know and convince them of something... Its about my girl... I need to see my girl again... You are my only hope ..."

Verona said "Oh... I would do what I can to help you... But who do you want me to speak to?"

Stanley said "I expect you to say no.... But I wouldn't ask if I had other options..."

Verona said "Why would I say no? If I can help you I will..."

Stanley sighed "Ok... Here it goes... I need you to talk to Arlinda MacLeod..."

Verona shook her head "That woman? Stanley... Do you know who she is? Do you know what she is capable of? You cant get mixed up with any business to do with her and expect a happy ending... I give you advice. If that woman enters your life, run... I will do anything but this... I dont mind talking to her... But I cant guarantee that you wont get hurt... Anyone does when they deal with her..."

Stanley sighed as he was looking at Verona "I would not ask you this if I had any other choice. I dont... I know exactly who I am dealing with.... But I dont know her personally... You do from what I have heard from your cousins... She wont see me... But she will see you..."