Letting Go...

Why is it so difficult to let go of a person?
Is it because of the memories or is it because of hopes? It's a mere difference of tense. The memories made you love the person and the hopes just continue that process. You reminisce about the other, smile and think to yourself 'what a beautiful idiot'. But suddenly something strikes you, they aren't a part of your life anymore. They're just somebody you used to know. Your mind is racing w unfathomable thoughts mixed with grief. Don't worry, this is a phase and it too, shall pass. As your confidante tells you this, realize the stress is slowly releasing. Now, you can make a choice: think about this, overthink and enter a vicious cycle or accept the reality, focus on giving gratitude and just flow. With the latter decision you can have a happy future. With the former, you will only confuse and lose yourself to needless contemplation. Although I do understand that this is an inevitable step, you can curb it in your own special ways. You have complete control over your mind and the decisions you make. Once you're on the path of acceptance, a little way down the road is where you will truly move on. When you reach there you know they cannot affect you anymore, which makes you powerful. POWERFUL.