...about the people who wrote them...

11. J.R.R. Tolkien typed the entire "Lord of the Rings" trilogy with two fingers.

12. William Shakespeare is the first person to record the words amazement, bedroom, advertising, blanket, bump, gloomy, puking, gossip, drugged, champion, accused and addiction.

13. Charles Dickens wrote "A Christmas Carol" in six weeks.

14. Dorothy Straight was named the youngest author ever when she worte "How the World Began" at the age of 4.

15. Vladimir Nabokov wrote Lolita on notecards while traveling on butterfly-colletcting trips in the U.S.

16. Dan Brown was a pop singer and songwriter before writing The Da Vinci Code.

17. Alexandre Dumas hirad a ghostwriter to help write The Three Musketeers.

18. Dr. Seuss (writer: i.a. How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat in the Hat) made propaganda filmsfor the Army during World War II before he became a famous children's author.

19. Margaret Wise Brown ('Goodnight, Moon') once threatened to murder a publisher with a bow and arrow.

20. J.K. Rowling was diagnosed with clinical depression which gave her the inspiration to create the Dementors in the Harry Potter series.

__________________________________________________________________

Did you miss any facts? Which ones? Which amazing/strange/funny/shocking facts do you know about an author?