Chapter 11 -- Spain's National

Comincia dall'inizio

"But what if they found someone to replace me?"

"They haven't," both said, "not since the last time we played" Bergamo extended.

"But what if-"

"Oh my god SHUT UP," the pink-haired boy threw a pillow at Chia.

"MY HAIR," Chia threw a pillow back.

Clario sat there in the midst of it all, "It's starting," both Bergamo and Chia immediately sat down next to him.

"..." There was a short silence between the three before the news continued. Chia had never felt more at home hearing the news. She was never the type to keep updated on news, but her parents were always intrigued.

"What if I don't get in?" the girl hugged her heart-shaped pillow tighter.

"Shut up I'm listening," Bergamo remarked, Chia rolled her eyes.

The announcer told the same introduction as he has done for the past years. The national anthem, a 'welcome to the games' speech, a brief history, maybe a performance or two, then-

"Omg, here it comes!" Chia leaned closer, and Bergamo shoved her face away from the screen. Clario shoved the two away lightly.

"Coach, Pepe Banderas,"

"Isn't that *our* rival team's coach?"

"Mhm," Bergamo replied, "And we're doomed," grey washed over his face. They are doomed, they'll do well in training but not in the leisurely way.

"Goalkeeper, Alonso Fibiano,"

"THAT'S MY SON," Chia screamed.

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN WOMAN," Bergamo threw a pillow in her way, Chia slightly choked on it. Clario stopped them any further.

"Defenders: Domelgo Dominguez..." Oh, it's the guy who always gives the ladies roses. Chia remembers receiving a bouquet on their first match against each other, she had a slight crush because of that but it didn't last long when she saw him give roses to other girls.

"...Reinaldo Baraja..." It's that sassy guy! He and Chia bicker a lot, especially on the field.

"...Rufino Avalos..." a proud one, he and Luther get along well after the tournament matches.

"Midfeilders: Velasco Melendez..." hm? Is he new? She'd never heard of him before. As if reading her thoughts, Clario answered, "A first year, just joined,"

They are now on the midfielders section, Chia taps her foot in anticipation and clutches the heart-shaped pillow tighter.

"...Fernando Dabino..." he's a quiet type... very quiet, but he means well. Her only interaction was when he would nod as their team walked past.

"Where's my name?" Chia whispered, she'd getting more anxious. Her heart hammering louder and louder, usually, her name is the first to be called among midfielders. The boys didn't reply, both questioning the same thing Chia was saying.

"...Emerico Lorca..." one of her close friends, both loved shopping trips and beauty products. Mostly because of his sister(s) influences.

"...Emilio Luján..." really shy one. But shy as in 'ew get away from me'.

"where's my name?" her voice now in a higher pitch, more breathy.

"...Fabio Esteve..." is a perfectionist and quite bossy. All of the player's names called are expected.

In Chia's first year and second year, she fought those teams but never did they enter the representative of Spain team. It was only Clario and Chia that was constant, others wavered and Luther, Alonso and Bergamo just started last year.

Where's Chia's name?

"Forwards: Luther Fandam," Chia gasped, they moved to forwards already. WHERE WAS HER NAME. The others burrowed their eyebrows in confusion. How could this be? They swore that Chia would have a solid spot based on her previous year's performance.

It's ok, just breathe Chia. If she didn't get into the Spain team she could stay in Japan and make her way into their team. Japan's representative hasn't been announced yet, but Trainer Zhou can vouch for her... right?

"...Bergamo Regult..."

"WHERE'S YOUR NAME?" Bergamo stood up, looking frantically at the pink-haired girl (her brown root clearly showing).

"...Chia Romanio..." She froze at the mention of her name.

"...and lastly! Midfielder and Captain: Clario Orvan,"

Foreward? What do you mean forward?

"I-" It felt like Chia's voice was strung in jumbles, "I have never been a forward before, I barely shot goals?" Chia stood up in shock, following the already-standing Bergamo.

All three friends stood there (Clario followed) dazed from the information. Clario closed the news and our the phone away.

"The coach must have plans for you, he did see you play," Clario comforted Chia, but mostly it was facts rather than sweet lies.

"What if he mistook it?" Chia questioned,

"Take it or leave it Chia,"

"I'll take it thanks,"

Chia was going to have a festive time back in Spain.

- I placed Chia in there <3

[A/N:

SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR A LONG TIME.

Ngl I lost motivation on writing this but I still wanna continue.

So I won't have a constant update and just update whenever I want.

THANKS FOR READING THIS STORY :D <3
]