Chapter 6

DWVORN HENDRICKS 26 

We got at the restaurant and I pulled out the chair for her to sit.  She sat there looking around, I guess taking in the place. 

It was a nice bar and grill, the ceiling was painted in  nice aqua-blue colour and the flooring was nature brown. The face that it was right next to the beach beach made the ambiance calming. 

"Have you been here before?" I asked taking off my jacket and placing it at the back of my chair. 

"No." She answered. I didn't respond as the waiter  approaches the table. 

"Wa gwaan Dwvorn, yuh want yuh usual?" She asked. "Wahmm Sam? Yeah man." I answered. 

"Ok, suh what yuh girlfriend want?" She stood waiting with her pen and her paper in her hand.

"I am not his girlfriend." "OH OH SORRY!" Samantha said now smiling and I know she ago wa question me when see me one a way. 

"It's ok, I will just have what Mr. Hendricks is having."  Sam nodded and walked away. Looking back at me with a smile and I roll my eyes. I have been coming to this restaurant since the day I came to Kingston on my first business trip. I have been here so many times that I know everyone on staff even the janitors. Sam as been my waiter and has became a very good acquaintance. 

She can be a little loud and mischievous but she means well and that is just her personality. 

After Sam took our orders we waited a bit  using our phones, not saying much.  After a while we  saw Sam coming with two trays skillfully balanced on her hand carrying rice and peas and ox tail with vegetables , behind her was Sasha the other waiter was carrying a tray with 2 plum juice. They serve natural juice here and that is what I love the most. It's like yuh deh a yuh mother yard pon a Sunday.   

As they approach the table Sasha looked at Denique and looked at me. Hope she nuh start nuh fuckry enuh, cuz da gal deh a crawsis. The restaurant hosted a staff Christmas party for me here and I got really drunk and we fuck and from that she nuh stop gwaan like a she response fimi cocky. They set down the trays and took our meals off and Denique said a small thank you. 

"Dwvorn call mi if yuh want nothing else,  hear?", Sam said. 

"Yeah man mi good fi now." They both walked off. 

 We started to eat in silence, two minutes in and I couldn't stop looking at her.  She really pretty enuh, even with her eyebrows knitted and she a mek up her face. It obvious she's stressed over something. Thinking that maybe it is the purse, I took out my phone from my pocket and texted Miss Counsel to ask the security team to check the cameras.  I looked back at her again, mi affi go try cheer her up. 

"Suh tell mi why ya stalk mi pon di gram?" As soon as the words left my mouth she flung her head up and toad out har yey dem and I laughed. 

"She drop her fork in her food and looked at me." 

"Mi?" She ask, pointing to her chest. 

"Yes, nuh yuh name denique_mscuteness?"  I asked smirking at her.. Mi like watch her a skirm. 

"A one time mi like yuh picture and a by accident." She said not smiling.  "Maybe  a you  stalk me." I hold my chest pretending that I was hurt and I was rewarded a smile from her. That made me feel good. She really smile nice and her teeth them white like pearl. 

I suddenly felt the urge to see her smile again, to know more about her. A wa the fuck really a gwaan wid mi? Mi a feel like a fuss me see a pretty gal.