Chapter 3

DWVORN HENDRICKS 26 

I just finished my workout in the gym downstairs. It's the only thing that can help me release some stress. Yesterday was hectic and I Know I have a lot ahead of me today. At least I will have a new secretary to help me sort out some of this crap. 

I had planned on letting Miss Counsell email her yesterday but thought I would call her myself. For what reason I don't know. I don't normally do these type of things but this time it can pass. 

I wiped my face with a towel feeling pleased with the workout. I can feel the effects in my body.  I grabbed my phone and ran up the stairs. I have a meeting at 10 via Zoom and I can't afford to miss this one.  It had taken a little convincing to get the investors to agree to another meeting. 

I went inside the bathroom and took off my shirt, flexing my muscles, I smirked. The packs them out dem boy gal dead ya now. I took a picture and posted in on my Instagram story. 

 I close my phone walked into my room and threw it on the bed, it pings signaling that a message came in but I ignored it , went to my bathroom and take a long bath. God know I needed it. This new workout has been a real bitch. 

30 minutes later I was dressed and ready for work. I walked to my garage undecisive on which car I will drive today. The Audi A6 nuh look bad, the colour match mi suit.  I hopped in and connected my phone to the Bluetooth, blasting Masicka's new song Tyrant, I sped off.  

***************

When I got to work Miss Counsell was not at her desk. I went to my office making a mental note to give her a stern warning. I have been getting too much complains about her lately. I said good morning as I passed a few people  in the hallway. Some wanted me to stop and engage in conversation but mi nuh deh pon that. 

I opened my office door and saw that Miss Counsell was there setting up my computer and the main TV used for Zoom meetings. She get weh fi now, if she slip fi the rest a the day she slide. I walked in saying good morning. 

She turned around and smiled "Good morning, I went ahead and set for your Zoom meeting."

"Thanks, even though that was not necessary, this should not have taken you from your duties at the front desk."

She smiled again, extra wide this time, "It was ok I wanted to do it. I know it has been hard without a secretary and all." 

I nodded, "I appreciate it."

She smiled again. No, why she a smile suh much like when pickney get gift pon Christmas morning?

I decided to ignore her. I took out the folder with all the details I wanted to go over with the investors during the meeting instead.