¹⁸ [ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 ]

         With my forty-fifth birthday just a couple days away, I was a busy woman in Doe Castle

         With my forty-fifth birthday just a couple days away, I was a busy woman in Doe Castle. Madam's spirit seemed to linger everywhere, as everybody was still seemingly mourning, just less aggressively. My conflict with Kenya seemed to calm down a ton, but I have been avoiding talking with the president himself. He has made several attempts to reach me, but I declined every time. It isn't that I am scared of president Chege or anything, but rather I have just been very antsy and anxious lately. I haven't had time for anything, not even Tyler.

       Speaking of Tyler, things took a weird turn and I only noticed very recently.  I had began to find Playboy magazines in my office, but at first assumed that the magazines were from one of my sons, given I allow my entire family to go into my office whenever they need something. However, the magazine finds became frequent and I one day heard the same distinctive jerking off sound that I overheard years ago when Tyler was just my assistant, from outside of our bedroom. Upon that happening, I connected the dots and realized that the magazines belonged to my husband.

       I was incredibly upset at first. I mean, I cannot remember any time within our marriage that Tyler was jerking off or looking at pornos of any sort. However as I slowly stopped fuming, I did also look at the perspective with a positive outlook. Tyler could have considered infidelity, but he instead choose to please himself on his own. Why should I be mad at that? It's not like any of these women in the magazines know him. Still though, the idea of it all was leaving a queasy taste in my mouth. I knew that I needed to address it eventually, but I could not bring myself to. I can't confront my husband for pleasing himself when he thought that I wasn't around. But, our sex life has been poor as of late as well, so I could blame that little masturbating incident on our lack of sex by accusing Tyler of not having the stamina for it anymore since he was using the energy elsewhere.

I sighed, thinking of the possibilities. I mean, what happened? Tyler and I used to have such a steamy sex life. We got into it literally everywhere, even when we were on tours and away from home. I suppose that Madam dying may have put a toll on things, but I don't know. I figured the other day that I subconsciously connected my aunt to my sex life, as weird as that might sound. But could you blame me? My first ever sexual encounter, which was with Tyler, finished off with my aunt walking in on us.