¹ [ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 ]

Africa is known to most people as this piss-poor, underdeveloped continent that is far behind other continents like America and Asia

Africa is known to most people as this piss-poor, underdeveloped continent that is far behind other continents like America and Asia. Many think about Africa and imagine starving children, dirty, low-quality buildings, and unappetizing-looking foods. I'll be the first to admit that I thought that way too; that's the way the media outside of Africa has always painted the second-biggest continent in the world to be. Alas, however, Africa is far from a shameful place.

[ 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟯, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 ]

I cannot say that I was surprised when the broadcaster on TV explained that Africa would be under new powers, given all the randomness that the world has seen in the last three years. The continent has fifty-four countries, some using monarchies and some using presidential systems, so this made no sense.

I turned to my dad, Lawrence Kollie, a respected businessman in the Washington DC area, and questioned him. In my eyes, my dad knew all. "Why are people trying to take control of Africa?"
Dad looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "They're not," he answered me-"they're trying to create unity in Africa so that Africa as a whole can develop and become a first-world place."

I nodded. I understood what my father was saying, but I did not understand why these individuals, who are not African, were making that decision. Five out of the top ten richest countries in the world-The United States, Ireland, Norway, Singapore, and Qatar-randomly formed this alliance and decided that they were going to appoint someone to be the King of Africa. No entire continent has ever had a monarch like this. I can't even imagine the type of pressure whoever is picked will be under.

"But Dad," I pressed further, "how could the African leaders be okay with foreign powers deciding this for the continent? Wouldn't they object to losing their authority?"

Dad sighed. "The United Nations set forth this motion and signed off before giving the richest countries the green light. And well, Aryanna, money talks. The African leaders have been paid off handsomely by the UN to accept secondary roles in this new era for the continent. It's all been arranged at the highest levels."

"But what's in it for the UN and these rich countries?" I asked, still trying to wrap my head around this bizarre turn of events.

"By uniting Africa under a single monarch," Dad explained patiently, "they secure a non-negotiable alliance with the continent and gain access to its vast natural resources - gold, copper, iron, you name it. This deal grants them those benefits until the end of time."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Surely not all the African nations went along with this willingly?"

"No, they didn't," Dad confirmed. "Some countries tried to protest, but they were met with force and threats from the global powers behind this plan. Resisters faced sanctions, asset freezes, even jail time for their leaders. They quickly fell in line."