My Heart is Too Soft

Start from the beginning

You frown and stand up (which made them flinch away) and head over to your car. Clearly, they can't see you well with the light blinding them, so you turn that off, just keeping the light in the lowest sit, and taking your coat. You cringe as your shoes splash with mud, but that's a problem for later. Getting out, you slowly approach the being, keeping it low and non-threatening.

"Hey there, kid, I'm not going to hurt you." You whisper, trying to keep a steady tone despite the freezing wind over your clothes.

The blond mumbles something through their trembling lips, arms hugging their legs for dear life.

You slow down. "What?"

They try to meet your eyes, seeming to want to look confident but their shaking shoulders say otherwise. "Not a kid."

Ah, so they were the kind of small aliens. They vary a lot. Sometimes you'd see one so big you'd say they're definitely an adult, but turn out wrong. Same could be said for the ones who look younger and/or shorter compared to Humans.

And, as you take in their face, yeah, they aren't kids nor teens. Look young by Humans standards, but not young enough to be a kid.

You don't recognize the specimen, though.

"Alright. Sorry. Not a kid. What's your name?" You resume walking, coat open. When you're close enough, you wrap it around them, ignoring their yelp of surprise and fear. "There. It'll keep you warm."

Taking a small step back, you fully take in their look. Not a kid. Definitely not. Though, looks more like a teen, and a short one at that. Blond wild locks taking a darker color with being drenched in water, reaching their shoulders. Over their head, maybe seven golden triangle appendages set there, dropped behind their head as if they were a wild animal that's cornered. The hair was tied back with a pink tie, barely holding from falling off.

Their skin was split into yellow and creamy color, cheeks having a pronounced pinkish powder over them. They stared at you with red eyes with a grayish ring in them, acting like a pupil, and glinting with tears that stained their cheeks the same bruises did.

They almost looked more doll-like. But you guess this is why whoever bought them wanted.

Their neck was bruised where the collar is, so tight around a thin neck you wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't breathe.

The clothes were... dirty, for lack of a better word. They were stained with the same bluish color of their blood, had holes in them and now drenched in water. It was a simple white shirt with pants, letting their feet bare all below the calf.

The blond opened their mouth to speak, maybe to answer your question about their name, before sudden sharp light made them recoil back. You turn, alarmed that you hadn't heard the car approaching, before sharp pain hit you over your shoulder. You groan, falling from your crouch position to your knees.

Did... did the front of a car just fucking hit you?! Looking back (and having to shield your eyes from the booming light), you're glad the car had stopped from running over you completely, instead, it had just hit your shoulder, which is sure to bruise an ugly blue in no time.

It didn't take you long to recognize the car, and as the owner hopped out, nose bleeding and smell reeking, you can't help but feel a sense of unease alongside anger.