Y/N Comforts Hailey During a Thunderstorm

tw: anxiety, panic attack, wlw fluff

pairings: hailey upton x fem!reader girlfriend

You're at a bookstore by yourself when you randomly get a call from Hailey, who's currently alone.

"Hey, pretty girl!  What's up!" you answer, flipping through the pages of the newest book by your favorite author.
"Babe, there's a nasty thunderstorm coming.  I'm so scared.  Please come home.  Right now.  I need you.  I'm sorry," she replies, her voice shaking.
"Hey, hey, it's okay, my love, alright?  Everything's gonna be okay.  Don't be sorry.  I'll be right home, okay?  Just try to relax.  Are you going to be alright until I get home?" you ask, starting to walk toward the cash register with your book in hand.
"Uh, y- it depends on how long you're gonna be," she says, on the verge of tears.
"Ten minutes, tops.  Listen to me, alright?  I want you to put Station 19 on, since I know how much both of us love that show, put on your favorite episode, make a cup of coffee, eat some ice cream, make coffee with ice cream if you want, and turn the TV volume really high, get a bunch of blankets, and snuggle up with our lil pup."
"Sure it will work?"
"Positive.  I'm gonna be right home, baby girl, alright?"
"Okay.  Please hurry," she says in a small voice, almost causing your eyes to water.
"I will.  Call me if you need anything.  Actually, do you want me to stay on the phone with you?"
"Yes, please."
"Alright.  Still do all those things I just said, alright?  I promise they'll make you feel better."
"Okay.  Please come home now.  I'm scared, Y/N."
"I know.  It's okay, hun, alright?  Hug our baby fluffy girl.  I just got in my car," you say in suport, but smiling in awe at the lightning you can see through your sunroof.

Hails may be terrified of thunderstorms, but you are absolutely entranced by them.  You think they're the coolest things in the whole entire world, even if they do give you a little bit of anxiety anyways.  Your stomach flutters with nerves as you look up in awe at the huge, almost purple lightning that just shot across the sky.

"Woah."
"What?  What?!"
"Nothing, babe.  Don't worry about it."
"You sure?"
"Yup!"
"K."
"Hey, relax, my love.  I'm almost home," you assure her, turning the corner onto the street of the apartment you guys share.
"Thank God.  I can't do this," she panics, and you can hear her hyperventilating a bit through the phone.
"Yes, you can.  Yes, you can, alright, babe?"
"I'm coming to meet you in the garage."
"Alright, alright.  I'll be right there."

She hangs up the phone, and you hurry up pulling into your garage parking spot on the floor of your apartment.

Hailey, already there, immediately jumps into your arms the second you get out of the car.

"Shhhh, it's okay, baby.  It's okay.  I'm right here.  You're safe."
"Mmm, I'm scared, Y/N!"
"Shhhhh,hhh" you whisper, stroking her hair with one hand while you lock your car with the other, the handle of the bag with your book around your wrist.

You carry Hailey to the hallway, to your apartment, and through the door, and plop her down on the couch.

"Stay right here.  I'm just gonna put this book in our room real quick, alright, my love?  I'll be right back."
"No, no, read to me," she says, tugging at your sleeve.
"Alright," you smile, and sit down next to her, pulling her over into your lap, smiling down at her.
"Perfect."
"You doing okay?" you ask her, playing with her hair with one hand, the book in the other.
"Yup, now that you're here," she smiles, lifting her head up to kiss you.
"I love you, baby girl."
"I love you more."
"Not possible," you reply, shaking your head with a smile as you open your new book to page one and start reading to your girlfriend.

word count: 653
if you'd like to buy me a coffee to show your support for my work, the link is https://www.buymeacoffee.com/marissa06 !!
thank you so much for everything.  all of you. <33333