"Y/N, You Need to Eat..."

tw: ed, body dysmorphia, wlw fluff

pairings: hailey upton x fem!reader girlfriend

other characters mentioned: antonio dawson, jay halstead, adam ruzek

You've struggled with your weight for a really long time.  Sure, you're not a particularly large person, but your stomach is a lot bigger than all your friends.  It's gotten to you more and more.  You've struggled with disordered eating for years now, and recently it's gotten so bad that people are really starting to notice.

One day at work, you stand up a little too quickly.

"Woah, I almost just fell," you mumble, awkwardly laughing it off.

Hailey smiles at you, placing her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. She does a double-take at you, her eyes narrowing in worry.

"Y/N, you okay?" Hailey asks as she takes a step closer to you, making you jump.
"Yeah, I'm fine," you reply, squeezing the bridge of your nose.
"Hey, what's wrong?"  She takes another step towards you, placing her hand on your arm in concern.
"Nothing, nothing.  I just got really dizzy for a sec.  I'm fine."

You try to change the subject so she doesn't press anymore.

"So, uh, what are you doing today?"
"Um... working?  Our shift ends at 1 am, remember?  We're on for a double together?"
"Oh, yeah!  You're right.  Haha.  Must have forgotten," you chuckle, looking around the room awkwardly before checking your phone.

"Y/N, what's going on...?"
"Nothing!  I'm fine!  I said I was just dizzy for a second!" you say, trying to lie, but you say it just a little too loudly and your voice is just a little too squeaky.  Antonio, Adam, and Jay turn to look at you from across the room.
"No, no, you're not just dizzy.  That doesn't work on me.  Not even for a second," Hailey says, wagging a finger.  "You look really pale, too."
"Hailey, I said I'm fine," you snap, trying to walk away from the conversation, but she grabs your wrist and stops you, looking back and forth between your eyes; trying to see the thing that you're not telling her.
Your eyes begin to tear up the slightest bit -- not enough for someone passing you on the street to notice -- but enough for Hailey, who's looking you dead in the eye, to notice.

"Y/N, hey, come on, let's go and find somewhere to talk," she says gently, pulling you away from your desk.  You don't bother trying to stop her.  She's right.  There is something you're not telling her.  And she knows exactly what it is.

Hailey takes you to the break room, shuts the blinds, and sits you down.

"Y/N... when was the last time you had anything to eat?" she asks, being careful with her words. You squirm a little in your seat and look down, but she picks your chin back up.
"Look at me."
"Hail..."
"Did you eat anything today?" she asks you, her hands now in yours, her voice breaking.
You slowly shake your head no.
"What did you have to eat yesterday, baby?  Something inside of me knew you weren't just not coming to the team dinner because of you... having other plans..." she trails off.
"I, um... had an apple..."
"That's it?" she asks you, grasping your cold, shaky hands a little more tightly.
"Yeah..." you mutter, a tear falling down each of your faces.

"Y/N, my love.  Why are you doing this to your body?" she asks, leaning in closer to you.
"I..." you trail off, looking away at the floor.
"Y/N/N?" Hailey replies, tilting her head as she turns your chin back towards her.
"I just want to be skinny.  That's all I ever wanted," you cry, breaking down.
"Hey, heyy, it's okay, it's alright, it's okay, baby.  Shhhhhh," she says gently, pulling you into a hug as she strokes your hair.
"Please don't be mad at me.  I'm sorry.  I'm so, so, so sorry, Hailey.  I love you.  So much.  You're my best friend in the whole wide world, and- and I feel like a te-terrible person.  I wish you didn't have to know about this.  I'm so sorry," you sob, burrowing your face into Hailey's chest.
"Heyyy, heyyyyy.  Y/N, my love?  I'm not mad at you.  It's okay, it's alright!  I love you.  You don't have to apologize.  I'm gonna help you get through this.  We're gonna do this together, alright?  Okay?  Just take a deep breath, alright?  I've got you.  I've got you, baby girl.  It's all gonna be okay.  It's okay, Y/N.  I love you so much," she coos, pulling you closer to her as she continues to stroke your hair and back, and she places a kiss on your forehead.
"I love you so much, Hailey Ann Upton. Thank you, my love.  I'm sorry," you say quietly, lifting your head up to look Hails in the eye.
"It's okay," she smiles, lifting a hand to wipe the tears from your face.

word count: 866
just a little something that i had started in my drafts a while back lol.  it's 1 am rn so i figured why not just finish it HAHA
hope you enjoyed, and if you're struggling please reach out for help, my love.  i love you so much.  i promise we need you here and i- MY GOD you are SO damn beautiful omg i can't see, you're too stunning, the light is blinding me <333333
don't forget to vote !!