1.6

I've always loved the Fourth of July. It was one of my favorite holidays growing up, besides Christmas of course.

Before everyone showed up, we had came early so we could swim and grill out.

I was stepping into the pool while Sam started grilling. Paige and Kat were already in the pool.

I had a White Claw in my hand as I walked in. "So, when are you making a move on Colby?" Paige asked getting to the point.

I sighed while thinking about it. "Maybe tonight if I get drunk enough." I joke, making myself laugh a little.

They didn't laugh though so I guess they were being serious. "I have no idea. Hopefully something will happen soon." I shrug.

I don't want to force anything. I want it to happen naturally. The smell of the burgers was amazing.

It was currently twelve thirty and everyone should be here for the party at seven.

Eventually Grant came in the pool with us and we all talked and gossiped with each other.

Once the food was done, we all ate together outside. It was hot but we could cool off in the pool.

Once we got done eating, we laid out in the sun. "So, do you guys have any fireworks?" Paige asked the boys.

"Yeah, we're gonna light them at the basketball court." Sam informed us. I thought it was going to be really fun.

I always loved watching fireworks. They did scare me as a kid but that's besides the point.

Around five, us girls went back inside so we could dry off and get ready for the party.

While we got ready, the boys took all the fireworks to the basketball court.

I had on a pair of ninety styled skinny jeans, a white tube top, and Colby's flannel.

I'll get hot but I can always take it off. I saw it laying on the ground in his room.

I jog down the stops so I can meet everyone. Colby was the first one I saw.

He smiled at me and then looked down. "Is that my shirt?" He chuckled as I shrugged.

"What if it is?" I ask as I grab another White Claw from the fridge. I cracked it open as I kept my eyes on him.

There was a small smirk on his lips. I know he was a little intoxicated. "It looks good on you."

People started showing up to the party so the boys made their usual rounds.

As I finished my White Claw, Elliot walked into the kitchen. The two of us talked for a while.

I love that even though we're not friends with benefits, we're still able to be friends and get along.

He's a great guy so I hope he can find someone who can have the same feelings towards him.

After a while, Colby came over and saw us talking. "I think we're going to light the fireworks soon if you guys wanna join."

We nod and follow him outside. Elliot and I met up with the rest of the group as Colby went to Sam.

We all talked and made jokes with each other as the sun set and we waited for the fireworks.

We were so into conversation, we didn't realize the sun had gone down. Before we knew it, there was a boom from one of the fireworks.

Since we weren't expecting it, Paige, Kat, and myself all screamed in terror. We instantly started laughing because of how funny it was.

Grant and Elliot laughed along, tears going down all of our faces. Once we calmed down, we all watched the firework show.

It wasn't huge but it was really good. I thought they did a really good job with the whole thing. I'm just really happy that they didn't get hurt.

Once done, they walked over to us. "That was a pretty good show." I tell Colby as he strides over to us.

"Thanks. I'm glad I still have all my limbs." He lightly jokes. When he reaches me, I wrap my arms around him and put my head on his chest.

I could feel him ease into my arms. He wrapped one around me and rubbed.

He smelt really nice, mainly cologne. The party went super well. I did spend the majority of it clinging to Colby.

He didn't seem to mind. Once the majority of the people left around two, we all door dashed a shit load of Taco Bell.

Taco Bell when you're drunk is the best thing ever. When the food gets here, we all eat in the living room.

"I think this is the best Taco Bell has ever tasted." Grant spoke while eating. I nodded my head in agreement.

"I think it's because we're all wasted." Paige joked causing me to chuckle. The Taco Bell was really good though.

Colby was quietly eating next to me. When we got done, I was extremely tired. "Can I change into some of your clothes and lay down?" I quietly asked him.

He nodded his head so I stood up and walked up to his room. I changed into one of his sweats and his t-shirts.

As I laid down on the bed, Colby walked in and shut the door. He took his shirt off, changed his pants, and laid down next to me.

"Have you ever thought about getting into a relationship?" I asked Colby, speaking up.

He sat there for a moment before speaking. "Yeah. Especially here recently." My heart skipped a beat when he said that.

I wonder what that means. "Why recently?" I ask him questionably. "Cause I'm not getting any younger." He starts.

"I love my fans, don't get me wrong. I just can't hold my life back because of my overprotective fans." I could tell he was still drunk.

Drunk words are sober thoughts though, or at least that's what I've been told.

"So, what does that mean? You're going to ask someone out?" I ask looking over into his bright blue eyes.

"That depends on if they say yes." I really hope he's secretly talking about me.

It makes me feel like I'm in middle or high school again. It was a new feeling, and a little scary, but I didn't want it to go away.

I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. I moved closer towards him, placing my head on his chest.

I could hear his heartbeat in his chest. "I hope she says yes." I slur as I drift off to sleep.

I don't know what it is about him, but it's like he instantly calms me down.

I slowly drift off to sleep. When I got up the next morning, I was extremely hungover.

We all spent the majority of the day at the boys. We laid around the living room and watched reality shows.

I was a little disappointed that nothing happened to me and Colby. I do think we're making a little progress though.

Colby did walk us out which I thought was very sweet of him. "What's wrong, Sav? You're oddly quiet." Paige spoke up.

I sighed while thinking about it. "I don't know. It's like I get my hopes up for Colby to ask me out and then he doesn't do it." I frowned sadly.

I wouldn't say he's leading me on, but at times it does feel like it. "I can't help but think he's leading me on." Paige was shaking her head.

"I promise you he's not and if he is, I'm whooping his ass." She half joked. I could see she softened up.

"Maybe he's just scared. I've seen the way his fans act, maybe he doesn't want you getting hate."

The hate doesn't bother me cause I already get it on my videos. I just sigh, not knowing what to say.

All I know is that my feelings for Colby are growing slowly.