Chapter Twenty One: Happiness

Comenzar desde el principio

"We need to hurry." Sarada began running around and grabbing the things she needed.

Hinata watched as she paused occasionally to decide between two colours before settling on the darkest shade they had. Whenever Sarada asked for the time, she would let her know and tell her to relax. If they get caught in the rush hour, then Sasuke would as well.

"I don't know what cake daddy likes." Sarada stared at the display of beautiful cakes in front of her.

"He's not a fan of sweets, remember?"

"Yeah but all of these must be really sweet. Why don't we make our own cake?"

"That would take a while."

"You're right..." She frowned and her shoulders sagged a little bit. "This is bad."

"If we leave now, we can make an apple spice cake at home. That one won't be too sweet." Hinata suggested, "you'd just have to stall your father if he gets home before the cake is finished."

"I can do that!" Sarada nodded. "Let's pay and go home quickly." She smiled happily.

Not for one moment did she stop mumbling under her breath about her excitement. Even as they drove down the backroads to get to the house faster; Sarada kept smiling to herself as she held some balloons in her hand. Haruna would occasionally reach for the floating blobs with curiosity.

The moment they were parked in the driveway, they let out a sigh of relief since Sasuke wasn't home yet. Sarada ran towards the door with as many bags she could carry and Hinata followed quickly.

The doors were opened and all hell broke loose.
The television was switched to one of Haruna's favourite cartoons to distract her while Hinata made the cake and Sarada set up the decorations.

When the clock struck six, they kept looking at the door anxiously in hopes of [never] hearing Sasuke arrive. Their anxiety was squandered when the cake was out of the oven and put in the fridge to cool down. The table was set, the decorations were perfect, and Hinata changed their clothes to something more appropriate.

Sasuke didn't come home until the time was approaching seven in the evening. Sarada had appeared in front of him and ushered him up the stairs without saying a word. Confused and wondering what his daughter was up to, he listened carefully as she instructed him to take a shower and wear the clothes that were on his bed. With a shake of his head, Sasuke smiled and did as she asked.

Never expecting her to be waiting for him on the staircase, he finally managed to utter a greeting.

"Good evening to you too, Sarada." He held her hand and let her escort him down the stairs.

"How was work today?" She asked and stopped before they got to the dining room.

"It was okay, what have you been up to?" He took note of the smell that came from the kitchen and the formality of the clothes the both of them were wearing.

"Nothing! I just need you to close your eyes." She faced him and gave him a big grin.

Not questioning her request, he did as he was told. "What now?"

"Follow me." She pulled him along carefully and avoided any obstacle. Everything had to go perfect.
With Sasuke in place — standing at the head of the table — Sarada joined Hinata and Haruna at the opposite end and fixed her dress.

"You can open your eyes now." She said and smiled widely.

Sasuke's eyes fluttered open and he couldn't help but match her grin with a small smile of his own. The dining room was filled with multiple different colours and balloons. Even the table held an assortment of dishes that were adorned with bold colours from the vegetables it incorporated. He rested his hand on his chair and looked at the people responsible for the small display.