☆14☆

Maria sat in the airplane chair once again feeling accomplished. She hadn't even joined her new school yet but she had already made a friend. She looked over to devi who had a warm smile on her face.

"Hey, what's up with you? Why so smiley?" Devi looked over to the girl who was snacking on pretzels.

"Oh nothing, just that me and Ben are talking again" Devi's smile widened, causing Maria to smile with her.

"That's great for you I guess" Maria shrugged, popping a pretzel in her mouth.

"It is, I think I still really like him maria" her words caused Maria to fake gag.

"Yuckkk that's disgusting devi" Maria reached over, hitting her shoulder.

"Whatever" devi laughs as she puts her headphones on and stares out the window. Maria ends up falling asleep for the rest of the flight.

☆☆☆

They get off the airplane, pulling their luggage off the baggage carousel and walking to the bus. They arrive outside and Maria turns her head, catching sight of a familiar brunette walking her way. Once he reaches her, it doesn't take long for him to snake his muscular arms around her waist, digging his face in her neck causing her to immediately blush.

"I missed you so much Maria" his sentence caused her to scoff.

"Ethan, I was gone for a week" Ethan groaned.

"A week too long" he placed a small kiss to her jaw before pulling away. Maria sighed in frustration.

"We're not dating so I don't know why it's so important to you but I haven't given you a second thought since I left" she did. She really did. She just wouldn't admit that she missed his small dirty jokes or his cute laugh. Ethan pouted, placing a hand over his heart.

"Aw, that hurts babe" Maria only folded her arms and rolled her eyes at him.

"For you maybe" Maria heard devi call her name. She looked over to see that everyone else had boarded but her.

"I gotta go, see you at school?" Ethan didn't say a word, just nodded. Maria got on the bus and they travelled back to the high school.

☆☆☆

"Yeah so it wasn't a glitch or a funny prank" devi told the girls. She had been deffered from Princeton and now she's on a rampage.

"I actually got deffered" devi spoke as if she were about to fight the next person to cross her.

"No! That's the worst case scenario" fabiold pouted. She sunk in her chair knowing that she had ruined devi's life.

"I know right? Thank you for your passion fabiola" this caused fabiola to swallow with a shaky breath.

"And Mrs Dubbs won't even tell me who the snake is" aneesa's head perked up.

"Ooh there's a snake? I hate them already" she spoke, probably invested in the drama.

"There's no reason to hate snakes, they're very important to the eco system" fabiola rushed out her words causing Maria to give her a look.

"I should know who it is, I know every single person who applied early, is there some young Sheldon freshman that I should know about?" Devi asked. She sounded like a madwoman.

"Wait, fab. You applied to Yale. Did you get in?" Devi asked. Fabiola felt her heart settle just a bit at her friends curiosity

"No, I did not get into Yale" she shook her head. Devi looked at Maria.

"How about you with Harvard?" Maria smiled, nodding slowly.

"I got in" Devi smiled.

"At least one of us can have what we want, I'm so proud of you" she smiled, giving Maria a side hug.

"Oh that reminds me, aneesa can I join the girls soccer team?" Maria furrowed her brows at the girl wondering why she wanted to do sports so willingly.

"Respectfully, I've seen you get winded from an escalator in the mall" Devi pouted as Maria tried holding back her laugh.

"That's fair, oh hey paxton" maria quickly looked up to the man before Devi spoke again.

"Are there any sports that require little to none exercise?"

"Uhm, the boys swim team needs an equipment manager" Devi looked at Maria.

"Sure. Maria and I would love to join" Devi smiled politely, giving Maria a pleading look before she complied.

"Great" paxton smiled at the girls before walking. Devi took Maria's hand, pulling her along to his office.

☆☆☆

Devi and Maria had sat themselves in the two chairs in front of the desk, paxton situated on the other side as Devi read through a sheet of paper.

"So how come you wanna do a sport?" Paxton asked Devi out of nowhere. She looked up from the paper with a shrug.

"Well since you wanna know, Princeton deffered me" Devi spoke hesitantly.

"Well that's not so bad, at least you weren't rejected" paxton shrugged, looking at Maria.

"And you? How'd Harvard come along?" Maria smiled.

"I actually got in, already made a new friend over there too" he smiled at her happy face.

"Anyway, I wanted to see what I could add to my resume to excel my skills and have a better chance of getting in"

"And you think doing grunt work for boys is gonna make a difference?" Paxton was curious.

"Maybe?I dunno" Devi sighed, laying back in her chair.

"Well I'm glad to see someone like you is also having trouble with colleges" Paxton smirked.

"I'm so glad my struggles amuse you" she fake smiled before she noticed the swim coach walk in. She stood up, not sparing him a second to think before rambled on about how the pair would make great equipment managers before she was cut off by him.

"That's great, you're hired. You look sturdy enough" Maria just gave him a passive aggressive smile when Devi pulled her cardigan closer to her chest.

"Well you can start by getting the new speedos from my trunk, the old ones slimmed down and we had a few slip outs" Maria's face scrunched up at the thought and the pair agreed and made their way to the car.

☆☆☆