☆6☆

A/n

Oh my days I'm so stupid I thought I published this😭 sorry🤷‍♀️

The night of the party quickly rolled around, Maria was yet to find an outfit. For the rest of the day the other girls could not stop talking about the party, especially Eleanor. She had been mainly talking about kissing Ethan when all Maria could think about was the fact that she had just betrayed her best friend.

"What's with all the noise?" Maria's mother stood at the doorframe, arms folded. Maria looked over to the doorway.

"Just trying to find an outfit for some party tonight" Maria mentally face palmed herself. She just told her mother she was going to a party! Nice going Maria.

"Well I happen to have some of my old clothes from the 2000's if you want to look through there. Maria sighed in relief.

"Okay but if I see pink sweatpants with the word 'juicy' on the ass, Ill just go in my pajamas"Maria's mother laughed at her daughters statement. She then pulls out a box and places it on her bed.

"I didn't wear that kind of thing, I was more into tube tops and cargo pants" Maria sighed in relief. She grabbed the box and opened it, looking at the contents inside.

"So how come you're letting me go to this party? You're normally pretty strict" Maria asked, still looking through the box.

"I'm working on the strict thing, you're getting older. You deserve more freedom before you completely leave me" her moms eyes teared up as she pinches the bridge of her nose. Maria pouted when she saw the saddened expression on her mother's face. She walked up to her mother, embracing her in a warm hug.

"I promise I'll visit every second weekend" Maria's mom laughed, hugging her daughter back tightly before letting go.

"I think I might have the right thing" she reached into the box and pulled out a black sleeveless bodysuit and a pair of flared jeans,followed by some sandals and a long strapped purse. Maria's eyes widened at the sight of this outfit.

"Mom you were badass" Maria's mother chuckles and hands her the outfit.

"This was my main party outfit. Go. Change" her mother ushers her to the bathroom. A few minutes later Maria came out with the outfit on, her mother gasped at the sight.

(The outfit)

"You're like a mini- me" Maria smiled at her mother's kind words

"Thanks mom" Maria put on some mascara and a small wing of eyeliner for makeup as she was already running late.

"Is your phone fully charged?" Maria's mom asks. Maria nods nonchalantly.

"Yup"

"Am I your emergency contact?" Maria nods to her mother's question once again. Maria's mom grabs her by the shoulders.

"Do you have any essays to complete over the weekend?" Maria thought of that question before shaking her head.

"Nope" Maria's mom slightly shakes her shoulders.

"Then get shit-faced" Maria smiled and kissed her mother's cheek before walking to the door.

"Be safe! And remember not to end up in some random guys bed! Don't get kidnapped either!" Maria laughed at their dark humor. Both of the women have a very large sense of dark humor. Maria blows her a kiss before disappearing down the road. She remembers when Devi got bit by a cyote, believing it was her father. That was the last party she's ever been to because her mother found out she had been sneaking out to go to parties.

She walks up to the door of the house, already catching sight of the few people throwing their guts up on the front lawn. As the door opens, her face twists into one of disgust before entering. The whole house smelled of weed and alcohol. She immediately caught sight of her friends whom were standing around in the kitchen, probably attempting to talk over the loud music. She walks over to them and they all exchange greetings. She gets offered a drink and immediately accepted, wanting to loosen up after the past few stressful days.

"Have you talked to Ethan yet?" Devi asked Eleanor out of curiosity. Eleanor shrugged and shook her head.

"Not yet" just as if he was on cue, Ethan stepped out of the crowd of sweaty teens. He came over to Maria, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, casing her to scoff and push it off her.

"Hey Ethan, what a fête, got a bottle of booze. Where do you want me to put it?" Ethan furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Probably next to the rest of the alcohol that's kind of in a pile behind you" he stood so that his front was presses into Maria's back. She slapped her hand straight on his chest.

"Hey what was that for?" Maria moved her face closer to him, only her head facing him.

"Don't be a smartass" he mumbled an apology before gripping his hands into the waist of her pants, causing her to blush and smack his hands away before someone noticed.

"Cool" just as Eleanor was about to place the alcohol down Maria took a step forward, grabbing the bottle out of her hand.

"I'll put it down for you, I might just catch up with some old friends" she spoke pointing finger guns at her friends. That was partially true, mainly because she wanted to check up on Trent.

"Bye princess" Ethan spoke from behind her. She flipped him off causing him to laugh. She made her way through the crowd to find Trent. She tapped him on the shoulder and they exchanged greetings, doing their infamous hand shake. He had told her that he doesn't wanna talk to her.

"Sorry dude, it's not you. You just remind me of Eleanor" Maria just nodded and walked away.

After the interaction, she made her way outside for some fresh air. She was pretty sure she was getting high just from the weed in the air. She stood outside at a tree, drinking her beer until a familiar boy walks out of the house.

"Yo what are you doing out here by yourself? My party suck?"Maria shakes her head.

"No, the fumes are just getting to my head" he nods.

"Is it cool if I chill with you?" Maria nods, he stands in front of her. She decides to bring up the topic of Eleanor to distract herself from the sudden urge to kiss this boy.

"So, Eleanor's pretty cool huh?" Ethan shrugs, looking into her eyes. She felt as if she would melt if she stared into his gaze for a moment longer so she looked away as any sane human would.

"Yeah" he licked his lips and that's when maria lost it. She grabbed him by the back if the neck and pulled him into a very intimate kiss. The kiss got heated quickly as she was pushed up into the tree behind her. The good moment was cut short when they heard a loud cry.

"Maria?!"

☆☆☆

A/n

Now there's drama🤭