☆13☆

The three girls had decided to go out to a restaurant since devi was still exploring college life. They sat at a table eating their food in pure bliss without a care in the world, That was until an insanely cute guy walked up to Maria.

"This seat taken?" He spoke pointing to the space in the booth right next to her. She looked at her friends who were smiling and holding up their thumbs in a 'get him girl' kind of way.

"Yeah, by you" he smiled, taking a seat next to her. They got into a few random conversations before she learned his name and his origin. The two exchanged phone numbers before he spoke up.

"Well, see you around Maria, El and fab" he winked at Maria before walking away.

"Bye kai" Maria called out after him. As he left the girls shared a look and burst out into a fit of giggles.

"He was totally into you" El smiled.

"Hey, devi's at a college party, wanna go? It's just down the block" Fabiola asked the two girls, excitement evident in her eyes as she looked up from her phone. Maria sighed knowing that she'd have to be the responsible one that makes sure that everybody arrived back to the hotel safely.

"Alright but for one hour only" the pair shared a smile before they dragged Maria down the road to the college.

☆☆☆

Fabiola had set Eleanor's drink down sloppily, Eleanor's eyes had grown weary which only triggered Maria's mother instincts further.

"Alright El here's your sazerac, now tell us what happened today" fabiola spoke with worry in her tone. Devi's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Something happened today?" Eleanor set her drink down.

"The Juilliard people said I was bad at acting, they said I sucked" Maria felt a little bit pestered by that comment.

"What? How dare they? You're an amazing actor" devi retorted, maybe it was the alcohol talking.

"You have to say that cause you're my friends" Eleanor spoke with a whining tone.

"No we would never lie to you" devi responded with total seriousness.

"Right we don't lie to each other, unless it's an emergency" Maria gave the frantic girl a look.

"I just don't know what I'm supposed to do if I can't act! Maybe a puppeteer?"

"El you can't let some snooty douches take away the thing that you love" fabiola spoke, Maria nodding in agreement.

"In fact it should only push you harder so you can achieve what they might've said was impossible" Maria placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, you have to be an actor" devi pushed with confidence.

"Thanks guys, you and this absinthe based drink are raising my spirits. Now can we just dance?" The girls agreed, making their way through the crowded dance floor. They spun each other around, laughing and cheering. Overall just having a good time until a boy came up behind devi.

"Hey high school, come dance with me" he spoke. He wasn't even decent looking. He had long as shaggy hair that doesn't look like he maintains it and his breath reeked of alcohol.

"No thanks, I'm just tryna hang with my girls" she turned around, continuing to dance with the girls before he grabbed her, picking her up.

"Hey man just let go!" Maria looked to the guy whom had touch her friend. It lit some sort of fire up in her chest seeing her friend in distress. She walked up to the guy.

"Hey asshole! She said let her go!" She kicked him in the crotch, causing him to immediately drop her. He started to swing his hand around in attempt to hit her. That was when someone stood in. Ben had pushed him away before throwing a few punches. Unfortunately the guy was twice as strong as him, causing him to hit back harder.

"Stop!" Maria shouted at the boy. She grabbed him by his obnoxiously long hair, pulling him close so she could whisper in his ear.

"If you ever and I mean ever touch my friends again you'll have more than just a kick in the dick, got that?" The boy frantically nodded. She hummed and let go, helping an unconscious Ben out of the bar and onto the nearby stairs.

"I'll let you deal with him, I need to call a cab" Maria told devi before she walked away.

☆☆☆

Somehow they had snuck back unnoticed and Ben put on some cream they had bought at the pharmacy, along with some pain killers. He swallowed the painkillers down before lying down in bed. By this time Eleanor was snoring her head off. Maria rested her head on the pillow, falling asleep almost instantly.

☆☆☆

It rounded the end of their trip, however it felt as if it were only the beginning as she stepped onto the Harvard pavement. The school was massive, filled with adults walking around, coffee and laptop in hand. It looked amazing to Maria except when her tour guide walked out, her face lightened up as she caught a glimpse of Kai.

"So, you're coming here?" Kai asked as we made our way to his class. Maria nodded, pure excitement evident on her face as she looked at all the art set up around the school. The walls had been painted to match the school and banners were set up everywhere.

"Yeah, I got accepted last week" he nodded before replying.

"Cool, I joined last year, it was hell not having anyone around so be lucky you have me" he chuckles, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. She knew she was gonna love it there.

☆☆☆

A/n

Hi guys sorry for not updating, I'm not coming up with some bullshit excuse saying that I'm stressed or have homework cause it's school holidays and I'm just lazy asf 😍👍