"hey Dorinda!" Karen smiled

Karen ran up to give Dorinda a hug, Dorinda was shocked from Karen's reaction.

"h-hey Karen" Dorinda gave Karen a slight smile, Dorinda's mother also hugged her.

"mama what you got up your sleeve?" Karen laughed, Mattie shook her head "before y'all go crazy I want y'all to sing today, Twinkie Jacky & Denise should be on their way" Mattie explained.

Dorinda sat down, she rubbed her head regretting coming to the church.

"Dorinda I already knew you weren't gonna like this idea, but singing is what brought you girls together when you were younger" Mattie sat next to Dorinda

"mama we aren't little girls anymore, Dorinda is trying to heal from her childhood not reminisce" Karen sighs

Dorinda sat there quietly, processing what Karen had said.

soon Twinkie entered with Denise & Jacky behind her, Mattie greeted them with hugs and kisses. Karen greeted Twinkie as she gave Denise & Jacky an eye roll.

"Karen you- Jacky don't even do it" Denise cut Jacky's words off. Jacky rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"mama why did you need us here" Jacky asked

"today I want you girls to sing, I don't wanna hear no bickering. Dorinda you haven't been coming to our sessions knowing we need those sessions as a family"

"I stopped coming because y'all are trying to make it seem like i'm crazy, you don't wanna heal as a family mama. you just want me to get the help" Dorinda chuckled

Karen & Twinkie shook their heads, "Dorinda that is not true, I want all of us to get help after the traumatic things we've been through. you girls have not been right since your father died"

"mama you always bring up our father knowing Dorinda is the reason daddy passed, if he would of never tried to confront Damon he would still be here" Jacky snapped.

Dorinda took a deep breath as a tear fell from her left eye, she quickly wiped her face

"now Jacky if Dorinda attacks you we can't save you" Karen shrugged her shoulders.

"look I did not invite y'all to fight, I invited y'all here to hear those beautiful voices you guys have" Mattie explained

"mama I haven't sung in years, I'm not about to now" Dorinda rolled her eyes as she chuckled.

"Dorinda you need to at least try after all theses years, now come on!" Mattie yelled.

Everyone stood up, Karen stood in the middle of Twinkie & Dorinda.

"1..2..3.." Mattie counted, the girls begin to sing Dorinda held her head down singing lowly.

"aht aht! someones off, Dorinda lift that head up girl!"

The girls started over, Dorinda couldn't believe her mother had her singing again. The day she left the church behind she left her voice behind also.

"now see? was that so hard?" Mattie smiled

Jacky walked away with Denise, "Twinkie I need your help with something" Mattie called Twinkie over.

"so why haven't you been speaking to me Doe?" Karen pulled Dorinda into Drew's office

Dorinda threw her head back on the chair "remember the day I went out after leaving your house?" Karen nodded.

"well, I seen Drew with Damon and he told me he's been sleeping with you. Karen I don't understand why your still messing with him, isn't he abusing you?" Dorinda raised her eyebrow.

Karen huffed before speaking "Dorinda I am not sleeping with Drew, i'm pretty sure he's saying that to get under your skin. I haven't slept with him since our last time" Karen explained

"Karen that's not all, I ran into Travis and he told me he was there with his father" Dorinda explained.

"are you saying Drew has another child?" Karen scrunched her face up

"girl hell no, I would of beat his ass but Travis is Damon's son"

Karen's mouth slowly opened as her eyes got wider, "you're lying"

"nope, Travis told me he came back to Detroit because of family problems but I didn't know he was talking about Damon being one of his parents"

"so do you think.." Karen cut herself off giving Dorinda look

Dorinda took a pause trying to understand what Karen was impying.

"you think Travis is Denise's son?" Dorinda asked

ᴏᴠᴇʀ-ᴛʜʀᴏɴᴇᴅ

  ✩

Hey everyone! here's an "Over-Throned" update

How do we feel about Mattie gathering the girls?

Do y'all agree with Karen about Travis?

Should Dorinda go back to the therapy sessions?

ᴛᴄꜱxᴋɪᴇʀʀᴀ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ✧