Fifteen

Filler chapter

"How did you and Caroline become such best friends?"

Holly looked at Stefan as she pulled the cover up to her chest smiling. "Lord, it starts back when we were in kindergarten..."
~~~
Flashback
A five year old Holly Gilbert looked at her sister who was talking to someone. She noticed a blonde was trying to gain her sister's attention, but it didn't work. So, she walked over to her causing the blonde to look at her. "Hi."

"Hi."

"I'm Holly Gilbert."

"Caroline Forbes." She says. "Who are those two?"

"I don't know the girl, but the other girl is my sister Elena, why?"

"I was hoping to be friends with them."

Holly thought for a moment and smiled as she looked at Caroline. "How about we become friends? I can see us falling for brothers, standing side by side when Elena and another friend of ours treats us differently."

"Are you close to your sister?" Caroline asked as the two walked towards the door together.

"Not really. There are days we get along and there are days we don't. She doesn't really like me as her sister." Holly sighed.

"We can be sisters." Caroline says taking her hand in hers. "We can grow old together and watch our kids become as best friends as we are."
~~~
Present
Stefan smiled as he like how their friendship started out. "So she wanted to be friends with Elena and Bonnie first."

"Yes, but when Elena saw how everyone was paying attention to me and Caroline, she started doing everything she can to get people to see me differently, but everyone knew." She tells him as she sighed. "Caroline was the only one that proved to me that she cared for me like my parents."

Stefan had her face him. "Holly, you are the only person I will ever love. I want you to see that you are not like how Elena tries to put you out to be. You are Holly Gilbert, the love of my life." The blonde smiled as she kissed him. "Wait." He pulled back. "Explain the blonde hair."

Holly started laughing. Thomas heard talking and listened to here Stefan and Holly. He shrugged as he had other things to do. Sign up for school and get to know Elena Gilbert.