Three

Holly smiled as she woke up for school. Her sister just left, but something was telling her that something was wrong with her best friend. She reached over and grabbed her phone to send a text to Caroline. The blonde may be able to ignore Bonnie and Elena, but Caroline could never ignore Holly Gilbert because Holly doesn't see her as a burden.

Her phone started ringing causing her to answer it. "Hello, blondie."

"I found him."

"Found who, Care?"

"You'll see at practice and speaking of, I won't be at school till later."

"Okay, but why."

"Holly, wait and see why."

"Okay." Holly said hanging up and grabbed her bag. "Let's get today over with."
~~~
At school, Holly went straight to her locker when Bonnie saw her. "Before you think that I'm saying this for Elena, I'm not." She said gaining Holly's attention. "Be careful around Stefan."

"I know this already. In a way, he told me that I should be careful around Damon." Holly says as she looked back in her locker. "Plus, Elena knows not to start with me and you, you're supposed to be my friend instead of doing whatever Elena wants you to do. That's not a friend."

Stefan saw the blonde and walked over just as Elena stepped in front of him. "Hi, Stefan."

"Goodbye, Elena." He replies.

"Why don't you come by later today for dinner? Give Stefan a chance." Holly says as Stefan walked closer. "If you don't, just let me know and I'll go to the movies with Stefan."

"I'll think about it, Holly." Bonnie says as she walked away.

"She doesn't like me very well."

Holly closed her eyes and turned with a smile to see Stefan. "She really doesn't know you very well like me. I'm knowing you little by little, but I'm not pressuring anyone to get to know you either."

Stefan smiled as he put his arm around Holly. Elena glared at them as they walked outside discussing a movie if the dinner plans with Bonnie doesn't happen. Holly laughed till he turned and caught the ball. "Now that, was awesome." She said. "How did you know that ball was thrown at you?"

"Just a feeling." He tells her. "Come on, let's get you to class."

"Have you ever thought about trying out for football?"
~~~
After school, Holly was instructing the girls to stretch when Stefan walked over to her. "Hey." She looked and saw him.

"What? I didn't mean to pressure you..."

"You didn't. I thought long and hard about this. It could get me out of the house and away from Damon."

Holly smiled as she kissed his cheek. "Good luck."

"Thank you."

Elena glared at them as he walked off to the players. Caroline arrived and smiled as she saw Holly doing her stretches. Elena was shocked to see Caroline walking over. "Once again, you're not first." She said as she hugged Holly. "Meet my boyfriend."

"Oh, Caroline, please tell me that you are being careful. Damon is someone who you can't trust."

"I'm being careful and thank you for your concern."

"I won't tell you who you should and shouldn't date, but I will worry." Holly says as she looked at the girls. "Alright, girls. Get into position."

Stefan looked at Holly as he saw them listening to her. As the music turned on, everyone started doing the moves till Holly heard Caroline telling her sister to go sit out. "What happened?"

"She doesn't know the moves."

"I could have worked with her." Bonnie says.

"Or me. Even though we don't get along, but I could have helped her out still." Holly said.

"We'll figure something out, Holly."

The blonde sighed as she went back to practice. Elena sat on the bleachers watching Stefan, but she couldn't believe that he never once looked her way. He was more focused on practice than her.
~~~
That night, Holly was singing as she cooked. Bonnie said she would be there causing Holly to smile. She knew Elena would be there, but she knew how to ignore her too. She never heard the door bell rang till she felt arms around her. Looking over her shoulder, she saw Stefan. "I didn't know anyone was here." She tells him.

"Bonnie has been here for about ten minutes, but she said you were in one of your cooking moods that you forget the time." He tells her. "Need help."

Holly looked at Stefan and kissed him. Elena wanted to talk Stefan into giving her a chance till she saw Holly and Stefan in a heated make out session. "Are we ready to eat?"

The two looked at Elena to see her glaring. "Why don't you just go somewhere else? This dinner is for me, Stefan, and Bonnie. Not you, but since you live here, I was being nice, but now, I want you gone."

Stefan walked with Holly into the dining room to start dinner. Bonnie looked to see how happy Holly is and smiled. She started telling him about herself and the Salem witch blood line that Bonnie is supposed to have causing Holly to be a bit more interested. Stefan looked at her and could tell that she was interested in this story. That was till the bell rang causing Holly to go answer it.

"So, are you going to give me a chance?"

"For the last time, no." He said as Bonnie shook her head at Elena. "I happen to like Holly and I like how things are going between us. I hope to ask her to be with me when I know we're both ready."

Elena couldn't believe what she heard. She watched as Stefan went to Holly's side as Damon came in. The blonde looked up at Stefan a bit scared and worried for her friend.
~~~
The next night, the game was canceled because of Tanner's death making Stefan make up his mind. Stefan walked out to see Holly. "Hey, I was going to give this to you later, but I think you deserve it now." He said as she saw the necklace.

"Stefan..."

"It's to keep you safe from Damon and me."

"What do you mean?" She asked as he put the necklace on.

"I'm a vampire, Holly."

Holly smiled as she kissed him. "I'm not afraid."