Ten

Filler chapter
A phone ringing early in the morning caused Holly to reach over and grab it. "Hello?"

"Have you heard from Elena?"

"No? Why?"

"She didn't come home last night." Jenna tells her. "I've tried calling her too."

"Okay. Jenna, I will try to call her. Just give me time to fully wake up." She says as Stefan started kissing her neck. "I highly doubt she'll answer my call."

"Okay. I'll talk to you when you get home. I need to tell you something."

"I already know." She says. "I'm adopted."
~~~
Stefan held Holly in his arms as she told Elena everything. She hung the phone up and looked at Stefan. "How did you know?"

"After I got home from the hospital, I hid in mom and dad's room. I found a letter that was addressed to me. So, I read it." She tells him as he wiped a tear away. "It was announcing our adoption minus Jeremy."

"The night they died. I tried to save your dad, but I couldn't." He tells her. "Your mother was gone, but you were fading. I wanted to save your dad, but he insisted on you."

"Me?"

"I could tell that he really loved you."

Holly laid her head against his chest. "I love you, Stefan."

"I love you, Holly. Forever."

"Forever."

I wrote it differently.