Chapter 9

Silence pervaded the table once again as I truly thought about the consequence of my words. I'd be moving away from the only home I'd ever known, and so soon after, I've lost my mother and father. I'd be leaving my entire life behind. This left a painful lump in the back of my throat that wouldn't go away.
Soon, the waitress returned to take our orders, and I picked a carbonara pasta. Claude ordered a risotto, and Vincent ordered a seafood linguine.
Whilst we waited for the food, I decided it would be the perfect time to ask about what the plan is from here on out.
"So what's going to happen when I get home?"
"You need to pack up soon. Everything you want to take you will have to put into boxes and we will take it with us on my private plane tomorrow afternoon." Vincent took the liberty of answering my question.
Private plane, wow, this guy is filthy rich.
"We will be flying for around 10 hours. Have you ever been on a plane?" Vincent's words struck a chord in me as I felt my chest become tight, and my head started to spin as intrusive thoughts invaded my head. What if the plane crashed? My imagination took over as I started to imagine the plane that my parents had been on. My vision became blurry as my eyes began to sting again. I can't cry in front of them. Who knows what they would think of me?
I dug my nails into the sides of my arms under the table and just shook my head. I didn't really want to get on a plane either.
"When we land there will then be an hour car ride back to the house. Everyone should be in the house for you to meet. " I forgot, I have other brothers. I decided to try and distract myself.
"Who... are my other brothers?" Claude was happy enough and quite excited to answer my question.
"So you have four brothers, and I'm your second eldest brother, and I am 21
Our oldest brother is called Alexandre, and he is 24
Our dear second youngest brother is Lyon, he's 18
And finally our youngest brother is Louis and he's 17"
I nodded along, but that's a lot of information to take in at once.
"There's definitely a theme with the names." I pointed out the obvious and laughed a little trying to ease my nerves.
Claude was about to say something else when the food arrived.
Claude continued to ask me questions whilst we ate. The thought of moving away so suddenly had turned my appetite, so I didn't feel like eating.
Claude asked me simple questions whilst we ate.
What we're my hobbies? I answered truthfully. I wasn't much of a sporty person, I preferred arts and crafts and reading books. I also loved dogs. I also found out that Lyon also loves art. I'd love to talk to him.
There were also some other questions about how I was doing at school. When I said I struggled with maths, the look on Vincent's face was abominable. I then had to clarify that even though I did struggle with it, I still had grades better than average. All he said in response was 'good'.
I then asked Claude what he and the rest of the brothers were doing.
He and Alexandre both worked in the same business as Vincent.
Lyon wanted to go to law school when he finished high school in a few months. As for Louis, well, my guess was as good as his.

When we fished our meals, I asked what our next steps would be.
"For now, you will be going back to your house and packing ask of your things. We've taken the liberty of bringing some cardboard boxes for you to use, " Vincent exclaimed as he finished paying for the meal and tucked his card until his suit pocket.
I frowned. Vincent really thought of everything.
"Are you going to come back with me?"
"Yes, Claude will help you pack, and i need to speak to your current guardians."
"Okay,"
The three of us walked back to our cars. I went in the same car with Claude, and Vincent went in his own car.
The car ride was silent as we went as I was busy trying to gather my thoughts. There were too many thoughts to properly gather them.
What about my school?
What about my parents' house?
I also had the small issue of getting on a plane. I had to tell someone about that, maybe Claude, he was the easiest to talk to.
I looked at him, but he seemed to be preoccupied by the phone in his hand. Maybe not.
It felt like forever before we finally arrived back at my aunt and uncles house.
I got out of the car with Claude, and the three of us went to the front door, and I knocked on it.
It was answered almost immediately by Becky, who gave me a massive hug, but then her face changed when she saw Vincent and Claude in the background.
She looked at Vincent with a scowl on her face. "I guess you want to talk to me."
"Yes."
Becky just sighed. "Fine," looking upset, she called Zoe, who came running over but stiffened up when she saw Vincent.
"Yes, mum," her voice was quieter than normal, which was very out of character, Zoe was never quiet.
"Can you get Lotte's keys from your brothers room?"
She nodded and ran off up the stairs.
We all went and sat in Becky's front room. Joe was next to her, and I sat next to Claude and Vincent on the opposite sofa.
"When are you going back with Violette then?" Joe broke the tension in the room.
"Tomorrow afternoon," we then heard a distinct thud on the ground that sounded like keys. We turned to the door, and Zoe stood there with tears in her eyes. She then ran off up the stairs.
"Zoe!" I quickly ran off after her, but I stopped just before I went up the stairs out of the way of the adults.
"Will she be okay?" That was Claude. He seemed kind of worried.
"She will be, but it's the same for Lotte. They're cousins but also best friends. Lotte is pretty quiet at school, so she tends to spend most of her time with Zoe."
I ascended the stairs and couldn't hear the conversation anymore as I felt that lump in my throat again.
I knocked on Zoe's door and quietly went in and joined her on the bed where she was sniffling lightly.
"Do you have to go so soon? I thought we'd have a bit more time together. We still haven't been to the christmas market yet."
I rest my head on her shoulder.
"You can still visit me! And you said you've always wanted to go to America"
"Yeah, but I can't see you every day,"
"We can ring and facetime and stuff, and I promise when I turn 18, I'll come back to go to university with you."
Zoe held out her pinkie
"Promise?" I grip it tightly with my pinkie.
"Promise"